Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LDM16

My Aczone/Differin Log

Just went back to the derm after 2 years. I'm 21 and in college and have dealt with moderate acne since i was 14. Ive used all kinds of OTC lotions and perscriptions which include Differin .1 cream, Retin-A, Tazorac, Benzaclyn, and Minocycline. Some of these worked "ok" but nothing has cleared me up enough to satisfy me. Well the derm just perscribed me Differin .3 gel as well as the new medicine called Aczone. The derm has me using Aczone 2x a day and Differin at night.

My regimen:

Morning- Wash with Purpose Gentle cleansing bar... followed by applying Aczone to entire face.

Late Afternoon- Gentle rinse with water, then apply Aczone to entire face.

Bedtime- Wash with Purpose Gentle cleansing bar... followed by applying Differin .3 gel to entire face.

I will be using moisturizer as needed. Probably Cetaphil.. unless I can find something better.

I'm worried about having an IB, but hey, who isn't when the start a regimen. I am picking up the perscriptions tomorrow! And I'll be updating this log regularly. Wish me luck! and good luck to all of you in conquering acne.

Day 1

So today was the first daying trying Aczone and Differin. Neither medicine caused any irritation when applied. My skin is decent right now. Only 1 or 2 active pimples but I have a lot of red marks from the horrible breakout i had the past few weeks. I'll keep you posted!

Day 2

A couple of spots surfaced that formed a few days ago, plus I got 2-3 new spots.. all small tho. So far nothing really negative to report. Keeping positive tho!

Days 3-4

New spots are forming, nothing too bad tho. My skin is starting to dry out a bit. Still too early to tell if my regimen is working or not, plus differin is supposed to give an IB.

Day 5

Today was fine until tonight. Had a few new spots on my chin and started picking... and I ended up picking my whole face. Now I feel horible and want to hide in a hole. My face is still a little dry so I'm cutting back washing with a cleanser to only once a day. Hopefully my face looks better in the morning, its so depressing.

Day 6

Another miserable day. Woke up feeling good, then as the day went on things got worse. I am starting to believe that if you sweat with the Aczone on your face, it will make your face red. When i was at the gym I noticed my face getting tomato red.. more than usual. I got about 5-6 new spots today. I really need to stop picking my face... from now on i'm gonna try my best to not pick. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Ugh.

Day 7

Not much new. Same old, got some new spots. Still breaking out. Hopefully this breakout ends soon. Skin is still getting dryer. Hopefully this breakout clears up for Valentines day! I want to look good for my girl.

2 Weeks

Miserable, thats all I have to say about my face. I've broken out really badly these past 4 days or so... i mean really bad. Worse its been in many months. Cystic acne on my chin and jawline. It's so depressing. Maybe this is the "bad initial breakout" caused by differin... I hope it goes away soon.

2 Weeks

Miserable, thats all I have to say about my face. I've broken out really badly these past 4 days or so... i mean really bad. Worse its been in many months. Cystic acne on my chin and jawline. It's so depressing. Maybe this is the "bad initial breakout" caused by differin... I hope it goes away soon.

Hey, I'm on almost the same regime: Azcone in the morning, Differin(.01 for 3 weeks then to .03 this week) in the evening and Doxycycline 150 mg at night.

I'll tell you my first three weeks everything got progressively worse mostly horrible cyst-like acne on my cheeks, jawline and chin. But yesterday and today when I wake up my skin feels and looks better. The old ones have dried up and I only have 2 or 3 new ones. So I would say to keep going...it's going to get better.

3 weeks

Ugh my face is horrid. I cant stand going out anymore. I always convince myself i look good and the next time i look in the mirror I feel as if I look horrible. I have a horrible rash on my neck. I don't know if this is due to differin, aczone, or something else. So far I think Aczone is a bunch of crap, I also believe the guy in the one aczone thread is full of crap(2 week miracle drug post). I believe he is an aczone rep trying to get us to purchase this gel. But then again who knows cause of the so called IB because of differin. All I know is im so miserable and I feel like I will never be able to live life fun.

You know you are overwashing your face. probably that is why you are breaking out so much. try the liquid purpose cleanser and follow with aczone morning and night. I am on aczone at this time too because differin doesnt work for me anymore after using it for almost a year and aczone is my last resort before going into accutane.

Week 4

I can't take it anymore. The zits just keep coming wave after wave. And I cant stop picking at them. I feel like a freak show, especially when I look at all the normal people with normal skin. I'm feeling down, and its getting worse.

I've been using Aczone for a few weeks now and my skin has also gotten worse. My entire forehead has broken out, along with the area near my jawline. I am beginning to think it is the Aczone that is causing this, as I have never broken out like this before.