Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

Do I have a cyst?

So yesterday I was trying to squeeze the pus out of a small pimple that has been on my face for about a month. Nothing came out(i tired about 3 times lightly) and it aggravated another nearby pimple. Sure enough, that pimple turned red and is inflamed. It wasnt really inflamed before. It certainly isnt as big as cysts Ive had in the pass but it is pretty swollen now. My question is, do I have a cyst? What classifies a cyst and a regular zit?

A cyst usually means it's very inflamed and usually feels like there's liquid underneath it. There's also no head, which means there's nothing on top. It just looks like a bump. It's also VERY painful. If you do have that. Ice it down and don't touch it because it can leave a pretty bad scar.

A "regular" zit looks like a red dot. Sometimes you can see a whitehead in it. I recommend not squeezing because an infection could easily happen.

Mochichan,

It's not painful at all. Ive never had a painful cyst. Ive tried icing many times in the past and all it seems to do is make my cyst more red. The pimple I have right now is about 10mm wide and its pretty inflamed although not that bad.

Yeah. Some don't hurt. I have one that's just bothering me because it's there.

Well, a cyst usually lingers on the face for awhile. I have one that's been on my face for a month...and still counting.

When you ice it, it's cold so it's going to be red. But you need a topical to put on it also because it's inflamed.

OR

You can go to the dermatologist and get a cortisone shot which reduces the size of the cyst. But if you don't want to spend the money, don't touch it and find a topical gel

Yea applying ice puts pressure on the cyst making it red but that method has NEVER even shrinked any of my cysts even slightly. So im not gonna try it anymore. I applied BP on it and took some ibuprofen. It wont do much but its better than nothing. I just hope i wont scar. Ive been very prone to scarring lately, especially in that area.

Thanks for the heads up