Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IcePick76

It's hormones

So no one here dares to believe that in most cases acne is caused by excess androgen? No matter what I do, and how clean my diet is, I still get terribly oily skin, this makes permanent blackheads and back acne for me. How come no one here is trying to focus on hormone imbalance? I think if we find a reason for excess androgens, that will be a cure. I didn't want to believe my acne was caused by hormones either, it is a scary thought because it is the hardest to control, but after everything I've done, I think this is the only logical conclusion. Instead of trying to find some vitamin you are deficient in, try to find a solution for imbalanced hormones. If acne was really caused by vitamin deficiency, how come it is not a problem even in 3rd world countries? I come from eastern Europe, where by parents and grandparents did not even hear of such desiese, and believe me, during the war and harsh times, no one was getting enough vitamins or proper diet.

You are right about this one. I have hormonal acne as well. I have tried to remove the discoloration (pigmentation) and simply can't. I read somewhere that hormonal imbalances cause hyperpigmentation around the mouth and across the forehead as well as excess facial hair in certain places on the face etc. I am in my adult years and still suffer with this. Deeply frustrated.

????

Of course acne involves hormones. I don't think there are many here who don't think so. The only exception is acne from pores clogged by topicals or pollutants. Even allergic reactions affect hormones and therefore breakouts from allergies involve hormones.

And there are tons of people here trying to balance their hormones and tons of discussion on it. But perhaps you are visiting the wrong forum. Try the nutrition board.

Your diet affects your hormones, btw. It's not caused by a nutrition deficiency. That deficiency affects your body's ability to function. And in some people, just adding it back is enough to make the visible symptom of acne go away.

This is all related to food, Certain foods cause acne, because your body is allergic to an ingredient and there for your body treats it like a threat using the skin to eliminate it since the organs can't do it.

FOODS, especially bad foods, but even good foods (have bad things in them) cause hormonal unbalances.

Like i always suggest, the process of elimination..alter your diet, notice when it gets worse and not, etc. keep note.

I'd have to completely agree with you on the hormone thing.

Women use birth control and there acne goes away, Men use steroids and they get acne. Well.. you might ask what about accutane....Accutane strips your sabaceous glands of oil, which are controlled by hormones and messages from the brain. It's time the ROOT of the problem was exposed. Accutane doesn't work for everyone and the side effects are truey true and dangerous (for some not all) However there are many whom this doesn't work for. I'm tires of pharmeceutical companies covering symptoms with drugs and promoting other problems - there must be an honest cure

BTW the foos thing is bullshit I eat healthier than 95% of the population and have acne in the upper 90s of severity as well so no its not food.

Food does cause or lessen inflammation, and in some cases may have hormones (phytoestrogen in beer for example) but this is not the case

BTW the foos thing is bullshit I eat healthier than 95% of the population and have acne in the upper 90s of severity as well so no its not food.

Food does cause or lessen inflammation, and in some cases may have hormones (phytoestrogen in beer for example) but this is not the case

It's not bullshit. And there are even several very popular mainstream diets whose specific aim is to balance hormones along with the weightloss. The Zone for example. And Suzanne Sommers diet.

Yes, as you said your self, food does affect inflammation. It also affects hormones in many ways, not just because it might contain plant or animal hormones. Weight affects hormones.

And your idea of healthy might not really be healthy or it might not be healthy for you. If you are eating something you can't tolerate, it's not healthy. If you binge eat, it's not healthy no matter how 'healthy' you think the food is. And what do you drink and snack on? These can be the worst as eating crap as part of any otherwise healthy meal will have less of an impact than a snack or drink.

It's not bullshit. And there are even several very popular mainstream diets whose specific aim is to balance hormones along with the weightloss. The Zone for example. And Suzanne Sommers diet.

Yes, as you said your self, food does affect inflammation. It also affects hormones in many ways, not just because it might contain plant or animal hormones. Weight affects hormones.

And your idea of healthy might not really be healthy or it might not be healthy for you. If you are eating something you can't tolerate, it's not healthy. If you binge eat, it's not healthy no matter how 'healthy' you think the food is. And what do you drink and snack on? These can be the worst as eating crap as part of any otherwise healthy meal will have less of an impact than a snack or drink.

ignore him, its people like HIM that still have acne.

He doesn't understand that even good foods have preservatives and ingredients that his body can't handle and in the process causing an allergic reaction which creates toxins in his body...which the the skin is used to eliminate (skin's 2ndary function is to elimate toxins if the liver and overall body can't handle it)

Yeah, hormones that gets active once puberty kicks in is the culprit to most if not all acne problem.

Read out my Acne Myths and Truths and it would give you a whole new point of view to look at acne.