Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newuser

burning around my eyes?

Hi there. I am new to Dan's regimen and I have a question. I have been doing the complete regimen and only putting the bp (neutrogena) on the areas where I break out (chin and cheeks) for 5 days now. My whole face is red and my eyes and the skin around them burn. Is that normal at this stage? I know the redness is but I don't know if my face can't handle it or is the bp like spreading to my eye area? My face really doesn't burn like a sunburn on the areas where I put it just on the more sensitive areas of my skin, so it seems like it would be spreading. But if that's the case I don't know what to do about it. I just want to make sure that's not a sign that I am allergic to it or something. I would appreciate any advice because I don't know whether to press on or not. Thanks.

Assuming that you're not allergic to BP (Dan says that 3% of ppl are), then it sounds like, as a new user, you've probably used too much BP. Did you check out his link to see how much new people should start off with? Most people get over anxious and go...overboard.

It might be a good idea to stop the regimen entirely until your condition returns back to normal, then restart again with very littleBP and then work your way back up. If you simply can't wait, then tone down on the amount of BP you're using. Sounds like your skin is very irritated. Plus...use a moisturizer. Hope that helps.

well my eyes burn, but that only when i tear and then i rub them to stop tearing and then bp gets in my eye.