Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sbjj0701

Flakey Skin..ugh!

Hello! I'm about 4 months into my accutane treatment, so I know dry skin is part of the deal, but everytime I get a zit it dries out A LOT and my skin, mainly around that area, get's super dry and flakey. I use Nutrogenia sensitive skin moisturizer every night and every morning but it doesn't seem to help too much. I also think it might be my face wash that's drying me out even more---I've been using clerasil ultra. Does anyone have any recommendations for other moisturizers as well as face washes that are safe to use while on accutane but WON'T clog my pores?? Please share! Lot's of stuff makes me break out so I want to play it safe.

Thank you!

I have the same problem, it stinks!

Especially with this winter weather, it doesn't help AT ALL.

I need some advice too so if anyone has an answer, that would be great.

i would recommend cetaphil gentle skin cleanser if you don't have to remove makeup. if you need to remove makeup, try purpose face wash. both won't clog your pores or dry out skin. clearasil is much too harsh. hope this helps!

I had the same problem. I was using Dove moisturizer and decided to try something else. I use Cetaphil now. The flakyness went away in 1 day! Get Cetaphil moisturizer!!!! I put it on the problem areas 4 times in one day and went away. I only wash my face in the morning and night too.

Hi everybody,

Is it wise to but the cetaphil facial wash aswell? Or just get the moisteriser? Im using a clean and clear facial wash at the moment for sensitive skin.

Thanks

Danny