Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone,

I am new here. Sorry if this isn't the correct place to discuss this as I am really not sure what kind of pimple I have on my nose.

I am 25 years old and have had mild to moderate acne since my teens. I would describe it as mild since I did start using Proactiv at the age of 15, which cleared up the problem.

About one year later, when my acne kind of settled, I got a strange bump on the side of my face. This isn't really related to what's going on right now, but I guess I should mention it.

It was a rather large white spot with a dark center. It stayed on my face for about two years before I went to see a dermatologist, who told me that it was, what she called, an "internal blackhead." It had to be cut open with a scalpel, drained, and I had to use Differin gel and tetracycline to treat it. That's cleared up, but just a little bit of background on me.

Here is my problem now: For the last couple of weeks, my acne has been out of control. Most recently, I developed a couple of whiteheads that I just couldn't stand to look at. Two of them were on my right nostril.

As usual, because I didn't want to look at them, I tried to pop them prematurely, which I suspect has driven the acne bacteria underneath the skin. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I know that now. This is where I get lost because this has NEVER happened to me.

What I'm dealing with right now looks something like a pimple, but doesn't look the same. There is some redness around it, but when I flex my nostrils, the area turns white, as if it's filled with something, but when I press on it, there is absolutely NO pain at all. It feels slightly hard. The other spot, which is closer to the tip of my nose, looks somewhat similar, but has a gray center (the pore?). It's much less noticeable than the other one, which I am trying so hard to get rid of.

I have no idea what to categorize it as, but I've tried everything: toothpaste, egg white mixed with honey, egg white mixed with yeast, steaming my pores open, cleansing and closing the pores, exfoliating with sugar, baking soda paste, thin slices of potato, honey and lemon juice, lemon juice on its own, clearasil astringent pads, clearasil tinted acne cream...

The only thing that I can really say that has helped was the yeast mixed with egg white, which has reduced some of the redness of it (and possibly the size of the bump), but my main question is this: If the bacteria is under the skin, is there any way to DRAW the bacteria OUT, so as to make it come to a head so that I can treat it with my Clearasil BP-based cream, which has always cleared up my acne?

I've read several wep pages and sites that suggest using a washcloth steeped in epsom salt and water to using tea bags on it, but I don't know.

I am trying to avoid a trip to the dermatologist because the nearest one is 20 minutes away and I don't know much it would cost (I don't have health insurance, so I'd probably have to pay out of pocket).

Is there anything I do at home to draw the infection to the surface so I can get rid of it? It's really making me self-conscious. I am not really well-versed in the types of acne, so please be as detailed as you can as to what this bump might be.

Any suggestions on what I can do to treat it myself would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

uhhuhhim

Here's some home remedy treatment methods for acne :

1. Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice to acne. This is a very effective home remedy.

2. Garlic has been proven to work on even the toughest of acne problems. Rub raw garlic on the affected areas several times a day. This is good for clearing pimples and boils. Another way to use garlic is to use it internally to purify the blood. Take three garlic seeds daily for a month and watch your acne problem go away.

3. Grate a cucumber and apply to the face and neck, including the eyes. Cucumber is very good for the complexion and will prevent pimples and blackheads.

It works on me, so I hope for the same for you too. Good luck!

I get those too but i do not know the name sorry.

I would say if it looks ready or has been there for a while (3 or more days0 take a sterilized (rubbed down with alcohol) needle and poke it and then gently squeeze if nothing happens dry poking it at a different angle, but do not squeeze too hard as it may not be ready to be popped/extracted. To help it dry up and thus become smaller you can take a cotton swab and saturate it with alcohol and stick it too your pimple and hold it to there. Continue doing this and your pimple (depending on size) should be reduced by the next day. Drying constricts/tightens skin and makes the pus that could be inside your pimple more compact. Making pus more compact makes then pimple smaller in my opinion.

I wish you luck. :dance: