Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've started using oils to help my skin. I heard from some casual internet sources that they can be more helpful than products made with irritants and fragrances which mess up your skin. So I started this about a week ago:

Mix 1 part castor oil with 1 part extra-virgin olive oil -- more olive oil if your skin tends to be dry. Apply this mixture to your skin lightly, and steam your face with a hot washcloth for a couple of minutes. Remove washcloth and let skin dry. If too dry, apply a tiny bit of the oil mixture to the face and leave it.

Has anyone heard of/tried this before, or something similar? I meant it to be a holistic substitute for essential oil therapies (EOs are way too expensive to do them right!).

I actually found that olive oil broke me out. My alternative to the essential oil therapy was adding two drops of either tea tree, lavender, or chamomile to my moisturizer in the morning, that was you dont have to steam it off. One bottle lasts a while, so it doesn't end up being too expensive!

that's funny, I just started using chamomile in the mixture last night. I hear you, it's been a few days and I'm not getting better - my face actually look more irritated than ever. Another miracle-oil myth, maybe, but I'll keep it up for another 2 weeks.

I have to say though, makeup goes on so easy after an oil treatment.

that's funny, I just started using chamomile in the mixture last night. I hear you, it's been a few days and I'm not getting better - my face actually look more irritated than ever. Another miracle-oil myth, maybe, but I'll keep it up for another 2 weeks.

I have to say though, makeup goes on so easy after an oil treatment.

Do you have ragweed or hayfever allergies? I do, chamomile wreaks havoc on my skin.