Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tabasco

check this out

i found something that has helped my skin complexion tremendously, and could very well be one of the causes of acne.

I had been on dans regimen for a few months and my skin was definetly clear, i hadnt gotten a pimple in a month or so. But still my skin looked "dead" i dont know how else to describe it, it wasnt red or iritated, it wasnt extrmely dry or anything, my skin wasnt pale, my complexion just looked really bad, like my skin tone was just a big scar or something, i didnt look like a teenager. I woulndt put on bp in the mornings to see if thats what was making my skin look bad that wasnt the reason..

finally i was sick and tireded of dans regimen so i decided to try boltchas, it was quicker and if it didnt work i would just go back. I found it did dry overdry my skin when both cleansers were applied at once, but no worse than someting like the purpose bar, probally less drying actually.

It was working so i switched to just one in the morning and one at night. I was still getting really dry though, which i figured wasnt helping my shitty complexion. Then one night i waited a little bit too long after washing to put on the moisturizer and i i noticed my skin was sort of peeling around my mouth. Then i noticed anywhere on my face that i rubbed skin would literally start to peel off.

For whatever compulsive reason i started rubbing my fingernail lightly accross my entire face and dead skin was all over. What was most interesting was as ide rub my fingernail lightly accros i would hit little millia i think they are called sticking out of my skin, surrounded by the dead skin i just rubbed off. I was like what the hell, these are definetly the things that are the "root" of basically every pimple i've ever gotten.(when i used to pop the pimlpes i got it was always these little bastards at the bottom causing it all) So keep doing this, lightly , very very lightly grazing my fingernails up and down my cheeks, i was amazed at the amount of dead skin and milia i was getting out of my skin(lightly rub overa few times, if its ready to come out then it will either come out or get stuck in your finger nail)

I was amazed that all that dry skin was just chilling out on my face, i had beeing uisng moisturizer, and i figured that the salicylic acid scrub was a good enough exfoliater... guess not. Now i'm not sure exactly whether i have these milia or so much dead skin on my face because of doing a modified boltchas regimen, or whether anyone using a drying regimen, aka dans, would experience the same thing. I considered asking you guys this a few weeks ago but i figured you would all just tell me i'm an idiot and iritating my face so i'de give it a shot for a few weeks. Every other day i would doing the lil fingernail trick right out of the shower after using teh bp wash. Everytime i got a few of these things out of my skin, but nowhere near as bad as it was the first time i did it. You might be thinking its really iritating but its not really that bad. The first time i did it was basically just becaue i was under the influence of something. My cheeks looked pretty red but not bad the first time, but by the morning i was fine and i noticed my skin already looked better. Its now been two weeks and my skin looks amazing again, its alive again, probally since all teh dead skin, bp, and milia or whateve rthe hell they are forming in my pores causing enough irritation to make my skin look like crap but not enough to form a pimple because of the bp. This now reminds me of times ive seen my roomate at the sink scratching away at his skin even though he has perfect skin. i wonder if perfect complexion type people who just wash with super drying soap in the shower do the same thing...

if you wana give it a try go for it i'de like to see what happens, all i know is my skin looks good again.

oh by the way

morning- cc blackhead scrub, eurecin renewal

night- cc cream cleanser, erecin renewal

every other nite lightly rub a thin layer of dead skin checking for mila

I know what ur saying, sometimes dans regimen can cause the buildup of dead skin. But now with the gel it should definetly not cause to much dead skin to remain on top.

once every few days i use a sharp knife to scrape of dead skin, and i can scrape of ALOT, i think the reason have so much dry dead skin is because my cleanser is to strong, i'm less dry after applying bp than cleansing.

Guest Michael Jackson

once every few days i use a sharp knife to scrape of dead skin, and i can scrape of ALOT, i think the reason have so much dry dead skin is because my cleanser is to strong, i'm less dry after applying bp than cleansing.

that makes me cringe

i dont hack at my face or anything, just gently drag the knife accross my skin. i did over do it once, it hasnt caused aproblem since.

Every morning and night I take a towel and rub it all over my face for about 10 seconds and then rinse with water, and usually repeat. It gets quite a bit of dead skin. I'm actually pretty rough with it, though it doesn't seem to bother my skin, though I imagine a lot of people would have problems with it.

i do the same. every morning i just rub around a few areas and get a patch of dry skin or two off. i never have dry skin while going out in public, because the moisturizer makes it all disappear but its still on my face, so i just like to get it off in the mornings.

I take a toothbrush and gently brush flakes off of my face with it from time to time. Additionally, I use a slightly damp washcloth to rub any flakes or balled-up moisturizer off my face. I really would not recommend doing the fingernail or knife methods mentioned in this thread--too irritating and too likely to cause serious harm! Ever since I've been using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion at night, though, I really don't have problems with flaking or dull skin. Mine actually looks quite soft and glowing. A decent AHA moisturizer goes a long way in improving your complexion.