Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eyceburg11

Need your opinions and suggestions

Hello everyone. I am a noob to these boards.

I am 28 years old with problem skin since high school. I always had extremely oily skin. So much so do not go anywhere without using the clean and clean oil sheets.

My breakouts have a history. When I was in high school i would have 1-3 very large pimples. Mostly around my chin, nose and between nose and mouth area. They start small and progressively get really large until it gets white and ready to burst or pop.

When I went to a dermatologist, I would get facials and it would help. My pores were super clogged.

As I got older, sometimes I was clear for a awhile and I'd break out again. I been using Proactiv for about 7 years now. The only time i tried something different was when the dermatologist prescribed me on medication and using only antibacterial soap and this special cream. It dried my skin but it helped for awhile. But I hated that I had to stay away from the sun.

So eventually I went back to proactiv.

So for the past 2 years I been breaking out in new places which I'd never get. My jawline neck area, cheeks, forehead and also my chin. I have a lot of blackheads and white heads that I would squeeze out or even pull out with pointed tweezers. The white heads I pull out are very large, deep and protrude out that its easy for me to pull with tweezers. I have very large pores in my nose and surrounding area.

The worse pimples are the ones I'd get maybe every 4 months...it's extremely large. Alot of puss and it looks to be almost like a combination of two pimples into one. I do have scarring from all the pimples I have popped.

I also use cover up to hide blemishes sometimes.

What are your opinions? Any suggestions? Is this regimen good for me?

I am desperate, this acne problem has caused serious depression.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

The Regimen works very well for mild to moderate acne, so it might be worth a try for you. However if your acne is more on the severe side you may eventually need something else. I'm concerned about the scarring though, and you may want to return to the Dermatologist for stronger treatment options.

Ok so after researching this site I found out what type of acne I have.

I have both Non inflammatory and inflammatory.

I have alot of clogged pores...resulting in white and blackheads.

Most large pimples are papstules. And I end up poping them to get all the bacteria out. Resulting in not really scarring, but blemishes. After a few months the blemish slowly diminishes.

Now I would somethings get the huge nodules and possibly cysts. Those are the one's I dread because it takes like 2 weeks to go away.

I ordered the regimen. Any suggestions?

Ok so after researching this site I found out what type of acne I have.

I have both Non inflammatory and inflammatory.

I have alot of clogged pores...resulting in white and blackheads.

Most large pimples are papstules. And I end up poping them to get all the bacteria out. Resulting in not really scarring, but blemishes. After a few months the blemish slowly diminishes.

Now I would somethings get the huge nodules and possibly cysts. Those are the one's I dread because it takes like 2 weeks to go away.

I ordered the regimen. Any suggestions?

Mine's about the same as yours. I'm still waiting for my order, but I'll DEF keep you and everyone else updated with my progress. Sorry I couldn't help, I just wanted to respond and let you know, I'm sorta in the same boat as you. :doh: