Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JunkyAK

Shiny but non-oily skin?

My face looks really shiny when I come out of th shower or wash my face. Any idea why it looks like plastic? My face does get oily so it gets really shiny after an hour or so. But even blotting away all the oil, it stays shiny looking. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ah! That happens to me too some days! Makeup helps it for me...but I don't know if you wear makeup or not :)

too bad im a guy lol

Okay, don't think I'm crazy...but you could try some monistat anti chafing gel. A lot of the girls use it as a makeup primer. It has the same stuff in it that the expensive primers do. You only need like a pea sized amount. It's clear so it doesn't look like any kind of make up. It makes your skin look matte and helps with oil a little bit. It is in the same isle as the girly stuff is but it has nothing to do with girly problems.

I have that problem, too, sometimes. I don't really do anything for it, but catmuffin's idea sounds good.

ok im gonna give that a shot. So far none of the anti-mattifying stuff has really worked. But I did read alot of good reviews on this monistat stuff. Ill be back to update!

ok im gonna give that a shot. So far none of the anti-mattifying stuff has really worked. But I did read alot of good reviews on this monistat stuff. Ill be back to update!

I had an annoyingly shiny face when I was over-exfoliating with a BHA product. So I quit using it for awhile and the shine went away. I now use it less often and at a lower concentration, and my skin looks glowy and radiant, not blindingly squeakily shiny. Except for where the zits are, anyway.

But I don't have oily skin, so maybe it's a different issue. But good luck anyway.

face looks really shiny

How's the ol' hairline holding up? Is your Dad bald?

I have a vague recollection that the shiny syndrome in men is correlated with balding (and above average levels of testosterone), but am inexplicably unmotivated to go look this up :-).

It is because you are stripping your skin of it's vital oil for it's protection, healing and moisturizing. That is why after washing, the skin compensates by producing more. Oil is not our enemy. The skin care industry simply made us believe so, in order for them to make you use and buy their product more often. Which gives them more profit!