Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinnersaved89

Tanning on the Regimen

Hey ya'll. I'm new here, but I wanted to ask a quick question. Actually it has two parts... The first question don't have much to do with acne, but here goes:

How many of you guys go to tanning salons? Is it considered a "gay" thing to tan in a bed or is it socially acceptable/normal? I'm just wondering because in my area there aren't any beaches or any good place to tan, and it is hard to get a tan at all in the winter.

Second question: Does tanning actually help acne or make it worse? I have heard several different opinions and I'm curious what you all think?

I have been on the regimen for about 3 months now, and am totally clear by the way. I just have very little color and would like to get tan.

Thanks for your help!

I go tanning and Im on BP, but ive noticed since Ive been on BP for more than a month that my skin is very sensitive to the sun. So when I go to the tanning salon I get burned easily on my face. I believe it has actually helped me with my acne but everyone has different experieneces!

In my experience, if you tan easily/don't burn, then tanning will help your acne. It has always worked wonders for me. It evens out skin tone and seems to seriously reduce new acne. I have always tanned while on the regimen. There is medical evidence to support it, since UV light is now a treatment used for acne.

As far as it being "gay." Yeah some people will think it's odd that you tan during the winter months. F*ck those people. Do what makes you feel good. I can say without a doubt that if I had not been tanning I would never have started dating my last girlfriend. The clear skin and confidence allowed me to relax and be myself.

Don't worry about people judging you. If you want to tan then go tan.

I find the most effective way to use tanning is by going consistently, like every other day, but for shorter periods in the bed. I only go for 5 minutes at a time in the lowest level bed, but even this leaves me quite tan.

I go tanning and it doesn't help or hurt my acne. I'm currently using glycolic acid on my face, so whenever I go tanning I put a good-sized washcloth on my face so I don't get burned as bad, then I just put bronzer on to get that glow. Kinda silly, but it works for me to cover my face.

I'm a girl, so many people think it's ok for girls to go tanning. Back then, a lot of my guy friends thought it was "gay" for guys to go tanning. But you know what? Now they are going tanning too! Practically all my friends, both guys and girls, go tanning now. So don't be embarrasssed.

Thanks guys! That answered my questions... I think i will give tanning beds a try ;)

I'm a girl, and I don't think it's "gay" at all to go tanning. I mean, what's the big deal about it? I don't even understand how that could be considered gay? I'm really going to stop using the word gay, because it is kind of a offensive word. I feel bad every time I use it in a sentence.