Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raze1225

Facial hair + oily skin = acne?

one thing ive noticed is i mean im not completely sure but the places i break out most are around my jawline and near my cheek kinda and i also noticed that it usually happens around the same time i have to shave and ive got oily skin. so idk that much about acne and stuff but i know something to do with hair follicles and irritation and stuff but. Could the oily skin and hair cause my skin to get cystic acne?

facial hair has a lot to do with acne, especially if you are still prematurely growing it, like me i shave a lot or else i look like a rapist, but its not on a level where i would shave every other day. Once you have facial hair grown fully and you have to shave once every other day, you will not have acne anymore.

I think its just because growing facial hair irritates the root of the skin and causes acne, or it has to do something with hormones, since most ppl grow facial hair at their acne stage.

i was always worried that once i started shaving, my acne would go crazy and spread all over my face. however, nothing happened when i eventually started - apparently shaving can be good as it acts as a form of exfoliation for the skin.

remember people, always shave with the grain ;)

i was always worried that once i started shaving, my acne would go crazy and spread all over my face. however, nothing happened when i eventually started - apparently shaving can be good as it acts as a form of exfoliation for the skin.

remember people, always shave with the grain ;)

couldn't have said it better myself :clap: but im not sure about shaving acting as an exfoliant.

Once you have facial hair grown fully and you have to shave once every other day, you will not have acne anymore.

Bullshit!