Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taylor

will mystic tan clog pores?

I have a few events coming up so I'm going to try out the Mystic Tan spray. Has anyone done this and has it clogged your pores?

I don't think it really bothered my facial pores. I like having a tan looking back, which I can't get to when applying self tanner at home, BUT my hands and feet were a big mess after the Mystic Tan! lol I did exactly as they said but still it wasn't worth the money to me. It's $28.00 here.

Hello Taylor,

I have never personally used mystic tan as it is not available in my area. I have used Coppertone oil free bronzer and it has not broke my face out or clogged my pores.

However, I was able to find some answers to FAQ's on the mystic tan site that may be of help to you. For further info go to mystic tan.com and select the FAQ's at the top of your screen. Also there is a really good site on sunless tanning at Sunless.com.

Hope this helps! smile.gif

HAS ANYONE HAD AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO MYSTIC TAN TANNING SOLUTION?

The components we use in our solution have been successfully used in cosmetics and food products for decades, and are proven safe for use on the skin. If you’ve had previous allergic reactions to self-tanning lotions or cosmetics, you may want to do a “patch test� first. Put a small amount of Mystic Tan tanning solution on a small area of your skin to test for possible reactions

WHAT’S IN MYSTIC TAN TANNING SOLUTION?

The Mystic Tan tanning solution has three components:

1. BRONZER: a water-soluble, brown-tinted dye that produces an instant tan. The bronzer washes off in the shower or bath, without affecting your overall tan.

2. DHA: this is what produces a long-term tan. The use of DHA has been FDA-approved for decades as an external tanning agent. When applied, DHA reacts with proteins in the skin’s superficial layer to form a golden brown color. Your skin begins to darken two to three hours after application and reaches its peak color within 24 hours. The color will gradually fade through natural exfoliation, just like a tan from the sun. To maintain optimal color, you’ll want to tan every four to five days.

3. ALOE VERA: helps carry the DHA deeper into the skin and promotes a softer, smoother finish. Mystic Tan tanning contains more than 65% stabilized Aloe Vera liquid, a natural moisturizer that helps skin draw moisture to the surface. Aloe Vera also softens the skin and helps smooth wrinkles.

ARE THERE ANY OPTIONAL PRECAUTIONS I CAN USE WITH THE MYSTIC TAN BOOTH?

When applying DHA sunless products in a spray or mist, it may be difficult to avoid exposure to eyes, lips or guard against accidental inhalation of the tanning mist. Mystic Tan, Inc. and the FDA recommends that users cover the area of the eyes with standard UV tanning eyewear, protect the lips with lip balm and use a nose filter to protect membranes in the nasal passages, as well as avoid inhaling or ingesting the product.

YES!! don't do it. it clogged my freaking pores so bad. and then whiteheads will come. my skin was so nice too before i went there!! [-( don't risk it!