Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Drainer15

Drainer's Red Mark Fading Regimen

This is the regimen I've found to be most effective at (relatively) quickly reducing red marks left after an active pimple. I'm at the point now where most red marks disappear in about a week, depending on their severity.

It's quite multi-faceted; if you can't obtain all the materials I would advise you to just make use of what you can. It won't be as effective, but it will still help.

What you'll need:

Topicals:

Neosporin cream (NOT gel, it will clog your pores)

Pure vitamin E capsules (I use Carlson's E Gems Elite)

Whole Aloe Vera Leaves (Not aloe vera gel in a bottle. The actual leaves. Available at your local super market or farmers market. Call around to see who has them.)

Finacea (available by prescription, if you can't get it, just use the other materials)

Supplements:

Vitamin C

Vitamin E (again Carlson's is the best because it doesn't contain soy)

Steps

At night:

1.) Slice off a piece of the aloe vera leaf (I usually make a cut about an inch across or so). Cut the inside of the leaf (the clear part) into very thin strips and place them onto a paper towel to dry them (they will be VERY slimy).

Let them sit for maybe 20 mins or so, or just keep dabbing them on the paper towel if you're in a hurry. Set them aside.

While your leaves are drying

2.) Wash your face

3.) Apply Neosporin to your red spots

4.) Poke open one of the Vitamin E capsules and cover your red spots with the liquid. Don't rub it in, you can just leave it to sit there overnight.

5.) take your fresh aloe vera leaf pieces and place them right on top of your face. Again, if they're still too slippery they'll slide right off.

Hit the hay and get a good nights sleep.

If you have the finacea, use this in the morning.

Repeat each night until you're clear.

It sounds like a lot, but trust me this is absolutely the most effective way to combat red marks. All the elements are designed to promote healing.

I've had a good experience with Sunflower seed oil which contains vitamin e but has other beneficial elements in it. You can buy it in a bottle so you don't have to pop open a pill every time.

This is the regimen I've found to be most effective at (relatively) quickly reducing red marks left after an active pimple. I'm at the point now where most red marks disappear in about a week, depending on their severity.

It's quite multi-faceted; if you can't obtain all the materials I would advise you to just make use of what you can. It won't be as effective, but it will still help.

What you'll need:

Topicals:

Neosporin cream (NOT gel, it will clog your pores)

Pure vitamin E capsules (I use Carlson's E Gems Elite)

Whole Aloe Vera Leaves (Not aloe vera gel in a bottle. The actual leaves. Available at your local super market or farmers market. Call around to see who has them.)

Finacea (available by prescription, if you can't get it, just use the other materials)

Supplements:

Vitamin C

Vitamin E (again Carlson's is the best because it doesn't contain soy)

Steps

At night:

1.) Slice off a piece of the aloe vera leaf (I usually make a cut about an inch across or so). Cut the inside of the leaf (the clear part) into very thin strips and place them onto a paper towel to dry them (they will be VERY slimy).

Let them sit for maybe 20 mins or so, or just keep dabbing them on the paper towel if you're in a hurry. Set them aside.

While your leaves are drying

2.) Wash your face

3.) Apply Neosporin to your red spots

4.) Poke open one of the Vitamin E capsules and cover your red spots with the liquid. Don't rub it in, you can just leave it to sit there overnight.

5.) take your fresh aloe vera leaf pieces and place them right on top of your face. Again, if they're still too slippery they'll slide right off.

Hit the hay and get a good nights sleep.

If you have the finacea, use this in the morning.

Repeat each night until you're clear.

It sounds like a lot, but trust me this is absolutely the most effective way to combat red marks. All the elements are designed to promote healing.