Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
candleladd

any acne treatments that don't contain BP?

=;

I have been using 10% benzol perozide for years and it works quite well. But at the same time my clothes have been sporadically getting bleach stains on them. I have been adviced that it might be the BP so I have stopped using it for the last few weeks. My skin is much worse now. Probably describe it as moderate acne.

Are there any strong treatments with out BP? I live in England.

Yes, there's salicylic acid--but in most cases is not as effective as BP. Are you using a BP face wash or applying it like lotion? Maybe you could just buy a lot of white clothes? =P~

Candleladd...it's definitely the BP bleaching your clothes. Like Halide says you could always wear a white-shirt underneath.

Or...you can always purchase the wash-away type BP. It's pretty effective.

That's possible. What % BP is it?

Many others here use C&C.

I hardly ever used it on my body - its just my face. Mind you the odd time I have done might be when it stains. Its 10% so quite strong. You reckon the wash away ones wouldn't stain, I'll try that. I looked at the other spot creme I've been using and it contained salicylic acid, but it dosen't help. Whats C&C - is that a wash?

BP wash is even more dangerous with bleaching, in my opinion... :-({|=

I think a gel/lotion/cream is safer due to it staying on your face, but a wash will drip onto your shirt and stuff if you're not careful. or use it naked smile.gif

a wash will drip onto your shirt and stuff if you're not careful. or use it naked smile.gif

or you can try carley cleanser once in the shower every morning, that stuff worked great for me! but proactive is awesome!

<<or you can try carley cleanser once in the shower every morning, that stuff worked great for me! but proactive is awesome!>>

Haven't heard of these - not sure if you can get them in England?