Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mimi2468

Digital Camera for facial scar pix - Any Recommendations??

Hello Everyone,

I want to purchase a good digital camera that will allow me to take sharp closeups of facial scars so I can document my progress. I have researched cameras and I am still at a loss. Can anyone recommend a digital camera that will give me clear, sharp closeups?

I remember reading that some folks are getting good, clear digital photos of their scars - if you are, can you please share the brand name and model number of your digital camera?

Many thanks,

Mimi smile.gif

What's your price range?

If you want REALLY close up pictures, then of course, you'll have to get one with macro function. But pretty much, all of the top end ones have that. A.K.A. The "flower" mode.

Hi jc,

Good question about price range --How much do you think I would need to pay to get a decent, clear and sharp closeup?? Do you think $200 to $400 would be enough? or more? I see this as an investment and while I'm willing to spend what I need to get a camera that will do what I want (good closeups) I don't want to spend a fortune or more than I need to.

OK, not sure what macro function (flower mode) is.

See, I know enough to be dangerous but not really enough to be an educated buyer. Help please.

Thanks!

Mimi smile.gif

Hi jc,

Good question about price range --How much do you think I would need to pay to get a decent, clear and sharp closeup??  Do you think $200 to $400 would be enough?  or more?  I see this as an investment and while I'm willing to spend what I need to get a camera that will do what I want (good closeups) I don't want to spend a fortune or more than I need to.  

OK, not sure what macro function (flower mode) is.  

Thanks jc and OursFan for stressing the importance of the Macro feature, I didn't know about that!

jc, that's a great website, thanks for the link. And yes, I'm talking about US $$. I'm now considering the Nikon Coolpix 4500 which is priced at $450 (and higher US $$) but is said to have a very good Macro, close up capability. I'm still reading about it.

Just wondering, does anyone personally have a digital camera they are now using to take facial scar pix that they would recommend???

I think I am now in the above $400 price range!! lol Would love to not have to pay that much.

Many thanks!

Mimi smile.gif

I use an Olympus 5050 Zoom to take pictures of my scars, but that was over $400 and they don't make that model anymore....

Though it's been good for taking pictures of my scars, it's been a disappointing camera in other ways.... Knowing what I know now about it, I'd probably get either a Canon or a Nikon. Personally, I don't care for Sony because of the media (memory stick instead of Compact Flash). I have also seen some good macro photos taken with HP cameras.

Hope that helps some. smile.gif

Yeah, as much as I am a devout Nikon film user, I think that Canon has the edge when it comes to digital photography. But with that edge also comes a hefty price. Careful if buying used too!