Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys!

I got the Bp gel today. I will use it to replace my old Klear Skin System. I will now put my regimen on this thread.

I am using my own version of the regimen, so it has been tweeked to meet my needs. Here is what I use-

1 - Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser with 2% Salicylic Acid. This is the cleanser I use.

2 - Bp Gel from acne.org

3 - Pond's Replenishing Moisturizer Lotion with SPF 15. It's hypo-allergenic! This is the moisturizer I use.

In the mornings, when I take a shower, I use St. Ive's Invigorating Apricot Scrub. I use it every morning to help clean my face for the day. I only use it in the mornings.

To shave, I use the Shick Quattro with Prefered Stock shaving cream. I shave every 3-4 days.

I also use Tetracycline 500 mg twice a day. I think this antibiotic does wonders, since it cleared me up after 2 months of using it. It really boosts the speed at which your skin clears up. Also, it has great anti-inflamitory properties, so when the acne bacteria does become immune to the tetra, the anti-inflamitories will help any occasional break outs that I do get clear up much faster.

Also, I try to eat healthy foods, and drink lots of water. I also avoid three foods -

1 - Milk (not other dairy products, such as cheese or yogurt, I still eat those)

2 - Shrimp (the iodine)

3 - Commercial Chinese food (I still eat home-made)

These three foods make my skin break out pretty bad, and I just avoid them.

As of right now, my skin is clear with the exception of a small zit right below my ear. I will use a little extra bp on it to dry it up fast.

Also, I want to comment on the Bp gel, it is a very good product. The bottle is very big, I am sure this will last me about 2 months. I don't use as much bp as Dan does, I use a little more than half of what he uses. However, for me a little bit goes a very long way. The Bp gel does leave my skin just a little dry, so I will use my moisturizer but only in the mornings. At night, I won't since I really don't care if my skin looks dry or not.

Unfortunately, my old digital camera is not working with my new computer, so I will not be able to post any pics of my self. But I think that the picture galleries are really for people to show improvements in their acne, and since my face is pretty much clear, it would not be very useful anyway.

Now here is my log:

Thursday, April 15, 2004

I started the day by exercising and then I took a shower. In the shower, I used St. Ive's Invigorating Apricot Scrub to help clean my face so I can put my best face forward at school biggrin.gif !. After my shower, I brushed my teeths, and cleaned my face with Klear Action 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Cleanser. After drying up, I used Klear Action 2% Salycilic Acid Skin Toner, and then after about 5 minutes, I used Klear Action 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Repair Lotion. I then used Pond's Replenishing Moisturizer Lotion with SPF 15 so my skin wouldn't look dry.

Today I got the Bp gel in the mail, and I will now use it in place of the Klear Action System. It is faster and cheaper =D> ! I used it before I went to bed.

In the evening, I wen't to the gym, and when I got home, I took a shower, cleaned my face with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser with Salycilic Acid. I love the way this product feels, it is effective yet gentle.

After I showered, I dried my self and waited about 10 minutes, and then I used the bp gel. I was expecting it to be a little more watery than it turned out to be, but it's all good. It does take a little more time to apply it than I thougt it would. I was surprised by the size of the bottle.

I used a little more than half of the amount of bp that Dan uses.

There is this little zit below my ear, small but red, and I put on a little extra bp on it to help clear it up faster.

After that, my skin did feel a little dry, but that won't be a problem since I can use my Pond's Replenishing Moisturizer Lotion with SPF 15. I did not use this tonight, since I am just going to bed, but I will use it tomorrow morning, so my face won't look dry.

After my skin regimen that night, I ate Chiken and Lentils with some rice, and I ate a salad.

After 2 hours, I took my Tetracycline 500 mg, watched some Tv, and then wen't to bed.

Friday, April 16, 2004

AM

I woke up and took a shower. I used my Apricot Scrub to clean my face, then I shaved, and used my Neutrogena Cream Cleanser. Afterward, I dried up and used the Bp gel.

This time, I used a little less bp then I did yesterday, since I did not want my skin to dry up too much. I also noticed that the zit I have below my ear was a little red, but smaller than it was yesterday. I also got a few more small zits, one on my left cheek and one on my right. I doubt it is due to the Bp gel, since my skin is kinda prone to acne, I guess a breakout every now and then is to be expected. When I woke up, they were a little noticeable, but I was very surprised to see that as the day went by, the zits actually became less noticeable. I think the Bp gel is very effective now =D> .

PM

I washed my face with the Neutrogena Cream Cleanser, and then used the Bp gel. I put a little extra Bp on three zits that I have, one below my ear, and one on each of my cheeks. The Bp gel is really helping since at this time they are small, and only one of them is a little red. Thank you Dan, for such a wonderful product.

Saturday, April 17, 2004

AM - Took a Shower, used the Scrub, and Cleanser, followed by the Bp. My skin is looking great, the zits I had are gone. I think I'm getting 2 more on my left cheek, though sad.gif .

PM - Skin is good, two tiny zits on my left cheek. Did my regimen and put a little extra Bp on the zits. I'm starting to use a little more Bp everytime! Soon I will be at 2 fingers biggrin.gif/ .