Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jd0007

This may help you ALOT!!! With diet and acne!

This is a real important tip that may help you with diet and acne!!!

Aside from not eating too much sugary foods such as candy, soda, ect, what is important is NOT what you eat, but when you eat.

What I have found out that was the biggest factor in curbing my ance. It is this:

DO NOT eat anything after 7pm in the evening, all the way till you wake up the next morning.

Provioded that you of course sleep at night, if you sleep during the day it would be reverse.

This has worked for me for a long time now. Although I have ocasional breakouts now and then, it is worst a day or two after I eat at night past 7pm. Sometimes it hard to do especially when you go out or something, but when I have to, I try to stay away from sugary foods, such as cake, ect.

Eating too much bread somehow makes my ance flare up too, I suspect it is the yeast in the bread, since yeast is primarily bacteria.

If you're used to eating alot at night it may take some getting use to, since you will be getting hunger pangs a first, but after a while your body will be used to it and it will be no big deal.

This also means NOT drinking anything, except water. In fact the only only thing can do is drink water.

I really hope this helps some of you out there.

I understand it may not work for everyone since body chemistry varies from person to person.

If it does help, please post it here since it may encourage others to try it.

To continue the above...

I think the reason that this works is I read something about how the body processes itself during sleep at night, that it does somekind of waste elimination process and by eating at night this somehow puts a wrench in the works of your metabolism. Although I'm not exactly sure on the way it does it, all I know it works for me, I hope it works for you too.

Eating too much bread somehow makes my ance flare up too, I suspect it is the yeast in the bread, since yeast is primarily bacteria.

Plenty of research has been done to do with Natural Body Cycles.

In the book: Fit for Life by Harvey and Maralyn Diamond, there is a whole chapter on this ... I'll try and summarise here:

Noon to 8pm - Appropriation (eating and digestion)

8PM to 4am - Assimilation (Absorption and use)

4am to Noon - Elimination (of body wastes and food debris)

Although each of the above functions is always going on to some extent, each is more intense during certain hours of the day.

Because it takes around 2-3 hours for food to be properly/fully digested, we should eat our last meal by 5/6PM ... and start eating again at 9/10AM when the body will be able to digest by 12 noon.

Aw rats...no more midnight instant noodles for me then. #-o

Hey jc

I was born in Malaysia but brought up in the UK since I was 7. My mum's Chinese and my dad is Indian. My mum taught me enough Chinese to eat well at any Chinese restaurant!!

In my 20s, I did a lot of back packing ... I ended up in Hong Kong at one stage and got myself a job.. and ended up staying for 2.5 years. I even learnt to swear in the mother tongue!

My Chinese is very rusty but my accent is good ... and my appreciation for Chinese food is even better!

Cum yat, ngor sik chow kwae dtue tung laap cheung tung choy sum .... ngor ho choongee laatchew yow!! ho ho sik!!!! biggrin.gif/

Ting yat ... back to the lemon and vinegar! :-$

In my 20s, I did a lot of back packing ... I ended up in Hong Kong at one stage and got myself a job.. and ended up staying for 2.5 years. I even learnt to swear in the mother tongue!

I was lost with the last part ... tan hai ngor ming ley gong torso!!

Ayah!!! Ngor sueng fun gcow yee-ka ...

This is mad. This is fun!!

Night night sai low!

Hey edenfield. I don't have any Mandarin.. and my cantonese is pigeon at the best of times.

Oops .... I was meant to be asleep!!!!!!!!!!! #-o

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just TOO funny...

Ngor hai nei gaw sai low meh? ho ah! Mm goi dzeh dzeh! ngor bong nei fan yick yut ha (i'll help you translate). "yut ding yew tseang ngor lai sik faan" = must invite me over for dinner sometime. biggrin.gif

dzo tow ah! It's only 6pm over here. lol

Edenfield--

dui ah! wo ke yi gen ni shuo pu tong hua! hai you, zhe li you hen dui Singaporean ren ye ke yi shuo han yu. biggrin.gif/

haha sorry guys, but i understand cantonese too...

its so cool to find out that some of you on here speak cantonese too! maya, you sound like you're from hong kong.

Hey alliask - ney ho ma? biggrin.gif

Sik jawh mey?

I definately ate too much laaap cheung yesterday, I have that MSG mouth. sad.gif

haha, au hun ho.

laaap cheuung is so good. a bit salty though. i like yunnn cheung better. i think those are made with more liver or some other internal organs.

would anyone of you happen to live in the SGV?

alliask - I like yun cheung better too, but my kids and b/f don;t like liver.

Saying that, laap cheung has got to be bad news for acne, it's so salty, fatty and full of MSG.

Where is SGV?

dzo sun Maya! nei ho alliask! (back to my own ping yum! hehe)

ngor dou mm dzee SGV hai mut yea. biggrin.gif

SGV is a predominantly chinese/cantonese area in LA i reside in.

hey....ney day deam ah! ngor dew jeeh nei day gong mut!

But I can't spell any of it... lol biggrin.gif

Where any of you born in Hong Kong?