Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
was...am

Mc donalds food

What food do you all eat since you don't eat fast food/junk food?

was that directed at me?

i'm not saying that i eat a "normal" diet, in fact, my eating habits are very extreme to the average person.

i eat ONLY organic grains that are high in fiber. i also eat a vast amount of fruit and veggies, most of which are also organic. i don't eat any dairy of any kind. none. ever. on the occasion that i eat meat, it's usually fish or chicken, and in small amounts. i also do not drink soda. i only drink water, tea, and 100% fruit juice in moderation. anything with refined sugar, refined flour, or an abundance of preservatives never enters my body.

i realize it's hard for people to adhere to a diet like this, but it's how i grew up. i was not allowed to eat junk food, something i thank my hippie of a mother for, because to this day, it remains completely unappealing to me.

and i'm not sure what you mean by the "fancy food they show on tv" but some simple meals that i eat are as follows:

*rice with stir fry veggies

*whole wheat pasta with organic tomato sauce and soy parm cheese

*cucumber dill salad (it's just cucumber with vinegar, dill, and whatever other spices)

*granola flax cereal with rice milk

*cheese free pizza (it's actually quite good. you can get the veggie pizza at dominos without cheese)

etc etc

in my opinion mcdonald doesn;t increase acne.

obviously a completely valid statement what with all the reasoning you have provided us with.

:shock: That is extreme

Hey that food doesn't sound boring.

Wish my mom had brought me up eating healthy :doubt:

http://www.co-opliving.com/coopliving/issu...ancy-food-2.gif Fancy food!! Thats dessert?!! not for me :lol:

congratulations on being healthy, I shall be a healthy eater someday too :D

haha that is quite fancy.... ive never been big in desert, though. i hate sweets, but i've got a salty tooth like a mofo!

it's really not very hard, i think it's just something you have to be used to. for someone who is trying to change their diet around, self control and will power can be exhausting. i really think quitting junk food can be as hard as quitting smoking. it's just so tempting! ;)

I'm Starving.

BRB going to Mc. Donald's

JK i only like the ice cream, salty tooth :think: you are the first person i know that has a salty tooth

Edit: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo330/l...47/DSC04549.jpg thats the healthiest i get.

Guess where that plate is from...... Mc. Donald's :lol:

well, hey, that's pretty good! i especially like the smiley face :lol:

Where i live it's fast food all the time everyday and it's hard cause i am the only one trying to be healthy in my home. It's much easier to aviod chips if they are not staring me in the face 24/7 :lol:There is a Mickey D's (even got a nickname) ever four blocks. In a 15 minute walk i can get to Popeyes (i likey popeyes), Domino's Pizza, 6 Chinese food thingys, and in 5 minutes i can get to Mc. Donalds or a Chinese Food thingy. Fast food may not be good for you but it's inexpensive, non-time consuming, and sometimes tastes good. I like Mc. Donald's ice cream :dance: Honestly most good foods are bore my taste buds. Some good food has no taste.

I have a HUGE sweet tooth that i am trying to cure. I am proud to say that i have only had one bag of potatoe chips since New Year's :dance: May not seem a lot to some people but it's a lot to me since chips was an everyday thing. Curing the sweet tooth is not going well :doh:

I am trying to change my habits to be healthier AND cause once my metabolism slows down i am for sure not gonna remain thin if i keep eating like this.

Lucky for me what i eat does not affect my skin, at least not that i can tell. I really don't like fruit, i know it's healthy but i really do not like it most of the time it;s sour.

What food do you all eat since you don't eat fast food/junk food?

Any body have any tips on meals that are easy to prepare AND healthy. What healthy food tastes good? All healthy food i know tastes nasty like fancy stuff they show on TV, can anyone please tell me of something healthy that tastes good? (i think the food my mom cooks is very yummy so i doubt its healthy)

to OP it possibly could be breaking you out, some of my friends swear chocolate breaks them out but not me.

EDIT: sorry that was kinda looooong

If you eat a lot of junk at home, try and replace your diet outside of your house, or whenever you are away from your family. I'm really lucky, I was brought up to eat very healthily, and as a vegetarian. I love my chocolate, but besides that, don't really eat junk food. I do eat McDonalds french fries when I'm hung over though, lol. But I haven't touched them in a long time.

Some good snack ideas are:

Fruit (I know you said you don't like it, but give it a go)

Wasabi Nuts

Dark Chocolate (takes a little getting used to, but milk chocolate tastes mild and boring after you do)

Popcorn (I LOVE popcorn!)

Small, hard, baked pretzels (not those big ones you guys get in the states, which are SUPER yummy, but the ones you get fromt the super market)

Yoghurt

You said you like ice-cream, which is cool, but you can replace it with frozen yoghurt, or my personal favourite, Soy chocolate ice-cream. Yum! I also like strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate. This is my ABSOLUTE favourite dessert! I only keep those things at home, and when I'm out, I'll spoil myself with terramasu, and other naughtier desserts.

For actual meals, the other ones that Suzy suggested sound great. Pasta is a godsent, lol. It's super easy too, and I'm not even a good cook. Even baked beans on toast, with a salad on the side is a much healthier alternative to fast food. You can bake vegetables and grill some cheese (so good!!!) Keep it simple to start with. My background is Indian, so I like cooking with spices. Fast food generally starts to taste boring when you cook for yourself. I'm always amazed that some people don't want to expand their horizons when it comes to food. There is a whole world out there away from the McDonalds diet.

It really is a lifestyle thing though, and don't expect to change overnight. Just try changing a few things in your diet, and take it slow. Your body will feel so much better.

regardless of what everybody has told me, mcdonalds does not make me break out.

I went a long time without eating mcdonalds ( with acne )

then I also went a good amount of time with mcdonalds and if anything i was a little clearer.......maybe it reduced some of my stress lol.

mcdonalds is fine every once in a while but thats not what is breaking you out, before when u used to not break out from mcdonalds, youre hormones were probably more stabalized tahts it.

mcdonalds is fine every once in a while but thats not what is breaking you out, before when u used to not break out from mcdonalds, youre hormones were probably more stabalized tahts it.

again, another horribly presumptuous statement with absolutely no backing.

that place sux, i get diarrea and feel hecka bad on the john

try taco bell its much better

Whats worse tan Mcdonalds is KFC!!hate colonel sanders

haha i dont need any backing up listen i guarantee i know more than u. Who neeed stcientific BACKIGN?? scientists say that diet has nothing to do with acne, and im sure many ppl do not agaree with that backing is bulshit, I have personal experience and i have noticed other people. MCDONALDS DOESNT CAUSE ACNE!

Everytime I eat mcdonald's i get a pimple

I tested it..every single time i eat mickey d's...a new pimple emerges within 24 hours

i went the past week without mcdonalds and didn't get a new pimple

could be coincidence...

HUGE props to suzy_rondelle for her posts on this topic.

McDonalds is trash. seriously. just stop.

i made a vow to myself 10 years ago that i would never eat that crap again and i've stayed 101% true to my word. the sight of that place makes me cringe.

When I go away on a vacation and I eat mcdonalds or other fast foods and I don't wash my face that night I notice that I always break out within the next few days.

mcdonalds is good every time i eat there i get the double cheeseburger meal with no onions ewwww i hate those tiny onions. I also get a mchicken with a coke does anyone else put there fries in the burger and bite it cuz thats what i do its very good. I only eat that maybe once a month i feel guilty when i eat there

I can not get over people feeling guilty for eating food.

It is your life! Live it the way you bloody want to! If you are eating fast foods 3+ times a week, well, massive problem. Don't live your life to scared to do something as easy as eating food.

I can not get over people feeling guilty for eating food.

It is your life! Live it the way you bloody want to! If you are eating fast foods 3+ times a week, well, massive problem. Don't live your life to scared to do something as easy as eating food.

i feel guilty cuz i try hard not eat there n when i do i feel like i let myself down u know what i mean. cmon im sure u sometimes feel guilty for doing something that u try not to do

If you don't want to do something, do not do it. How can you do anything thats actually challenging if you can't resist a restaurant.

Second, no, if I say i'm not going to do something I don't. And I say i WILL eat at McDonalds, but wont excessively eat. I don't feel guilty and go cry, i'd think "damn that ruined my face, better not do again" and I wont.

I always break out eating McDonalds foods, even with the Deli. Havent you wondered why most of the staff their are either obese or have an acne breakout? Bad, bad food.

HUGE props to suzy_rondelle for her posts on this topic.

McDonalds is trash. seriously. just stop.

i made a vow to myself 10 years ago that i would never eat that crap again and i've stayed 101% true to my word. the sight of that place makes me cringe.

THANK YOU!

If these people want to eat poison, that's their problem.

I feel sorry for you, I realize it's hard to escape such delusions.

haha i dont need any backing up listen i guarantee i know more than u. Who neeed stcientific BACKIGN?? scientists say that diet has nothing to do with acne, and im sure many ppl do not agaree with that backing is bulshit, I have personal experience and i have noticed other people. MCDONALDS DOESNT CAUSE ACNE!

:lol: