Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chapstick1

why cant they find a cure for acne??????????

IDK but i wish they would.

It's thought of as not important.

How i see it is if they would have found a cure for acne maybe acne sufferes could get out in the world and find a cure for other things.

I know a cure for AIDS is important but so is a cure for acne :cool:

Plus acne affects many many people and it isnt just physical :snooty:

I want to become a scientist mainly to find a cure for acne :shhh: and i dont like when people say "when you could try to find a cure for much more important things" Acne is important.

It may take a while though since there isn't even a cure for the common cold yet :doh:

cure for acne :pray:

As I see it, if acne is your only problem you have a lot to be thankful for!

So one day when I'm rich and famous I'll fund a group to discover the cure for acne

haa no worries!

So one day when I'm rich and famous I'll fund a group to discover the cure for acne

haa no worries!

:dance: and i'll research for the cure :dance: Wouldn't it be strange if this comes true and you fund my research :think: could happen

haa no worries!

:dance: and i'll research for the cure :dance: Wouldn't it be strange if this comes true and you fund my research :think: could happen

I hope you'll be a good scientific. I wish you success with that.

Acne destroyed me and actually is destroying me psychologically a lot. I hope now with my low dosage, 6.67 mg per day average (0.18 mg per kg) of isotretinoin and future maintenance dose of 0.05 mg per kg per week I could be better with myself. This will be my way to "cure" my condition for many years up to a better way to treat acne appears.

Thanks for the good luck.

I hope i make it :think:

I wish you luck with treating your acne.

Thanks. I've ever liked the genetic field because I'm perfectionist and I guess the human should be perfect in order to avoid a good amount of suffering but at the same time I think that field will be slow with its descovering.

I think a lot of it has to do with the same reason there isn't a cure for anything. This way they can get as much money out of you as possible. I guess I can sympathize for why there isn't a cure for other things but acne is something that affects a lot of us. However I can see how this is a good way to get more money same reason proactiv says what you eat doesn't effect your health if you cured your acne from nutrition their creams would be useless who would buy them?

you hit the nail on the head. They prob have a cure for acne and know what causes it and why but they are making way to much money off of people like us who would pay anything for a quick fix to the problem.

This is the situation with a lot of things in this world. For example they have engines that can run on hydrogen and they give us the excuse that they are way to much to build blah blah blah or whatever. The real reason we are not using hydrogen engines right now is because a ton of people would loose millions and billions with the oil industry's inevitable collapse when this technology is fully implemented.

You can say the same about cancer, aids, or whatever diseases are out there. If there was just a quick shot that would cure you there would be no need for medical care. Millions of people would be out of jobs and as a result the economy would collapse to unprecedented proportions.

I bet there is a cure for a bunch of the diseases in the world today, but there are a ton of reasons why they wont be released anytime soon.

@RatsOff

wow, really true! that's also my problem if ever I am given the chance to correct things. You'll need to reorganize almost everything to reverse the mistakes of the past. but I'm in the process of figuring it out. ;)

why cant they find a cure for cancer, heart disease, diabetes? the answer is...............................................drum rolllllllllllllll. THERE IS A CURE FOR ALL OF THIS! this is depressing information, but they will never let out the cure for cancer. they will never let out the cure for diabetes (which in fact, there is a cure that works 100% of the time). If they were all the sudden to cure cancer with some miracle herb, hundreds of thousands would be out of work (cancer society, cancer hospitals, cancer research, cancer clinics). drug companies would lose billions and billions in profits on their expensive prescriptions. The FDA has written a law that states "only a drug can cure a disease". That is their way of securing prescription drug profits. If you were to claim that a fruit cures cancer that would violate their law. Fruits, nuts, herbs, veggies cannot be pattoned. No drug company can make money off natural foods. This is exactly why, if a potential healing herb is found, drug companies race to synthisize it and stuff it into one of their pills, when just eating the natural herb would be more beneficial. Its all about the benjamins my friend. You live in a capitalist society where profit is more important than people. A society where homeless are forced to sleep on the cold streets when thousands of warm office buildings go empty at night.

thats just my two cents.

im open for debate, if anyone would like to try :)

you hit the nail on the head. They prob have a cure for acne and know what causes it and why but they are making way to much money off of people like us who would pay anything for a quick fix to the problem.

This is the situation with a lot of things in this world. For example they have engines that can run on hydrogen and they give us the excuse that they are way to much to build blah blah blah or whatever. The real reason we are not using hydrogen engines right now is because a ton of people would loose millions and billions with the oil industry's inevitable collapse when this technology is fully implemented.

You can say the same about cancer, aids, or whatever diseases are out there. If there was just a quick shot that would cure you there would be no need for medical care. Millions of people would be out of jobs and as a result the economy would collapse to unprecedented proportions.

I bet there is a cure for a bunch of the diseases in the world today, but there are a ton of reasons why they wont be released anytime soon.

dang i didnt notice you already pretty much said what i did. hahah but well put, brother. Your oil industry analogy is a realllly good way to relate it. Same sort of thing, where i live, there used to be an amazing train system. you could get anywhere in central ohio by hopping on the train. Unfortunately, the auto industry bought the railroad system and destroyed it. yep. this world has gone mad.

Pretty well said, Mountainman. I'm glad people do realize such things in the midst of this chaos. ;)

If I had a button that would kill all those greedy bastards at once, we'd lose the richest peoples and businessman in the world. I'd say about .5% of world population? or smaller. :lol:

You all are crackpots. I'm a research biologist; I work in the field of toxicology. Yes there are many greedy malevolent sons of bitches out there but that's not the reason there's no cure for many diseases. Do you think that pharmaceutical companies would spend billions a year on reasearch and develpment if they had all the answers? Well maybe, but trust me they don't have all the answers.

The reason there's no cure is because... well it's hard. You can cure a couple viral diseases by giving the body a dead or weakened form of the virus and your body will build up an immunologic attack against it in case of a second attach. You might think 'well AIDS is a virus, why can't we just give the body a weakened form of it?' Well the simple answers is that the AIDS virus comes in many shapes and sizes, therefore it is almost impossible to expose the body to all of the forms of the virus. This is the same reason that the flu shot doesn't always work, it too comes in many shapes and sizes.

Acne is caused by morpholigic differences in our pores. More importantly, with our oil glands. It is not a bacterial disease. Yes P. acnes is responsible for growing in clogged pores. Killing this bacteria will not cure the cause, only a symptom. Scientists are working on drugs that will alter the function of our sebacous glands and ones that alter the activity of 5-alpha reductase (enzyme that converts testosterone to DHY[<--makes sebum sticky]), but they haven't quite got it yet . The best drug they have is accutane. In the meantime they just keep throwing antibacterial and antiinflammatory drugs at us to yes make money. So why don't they just turn these genes off because yes they can do that. The reason is that the genes responsible for causing acne have more than one function and their main goal is not to cause acne. The person who said that acne is just an underlying condtion to some other illness was probably the best reason I saw on here.

there is alot of different kinds of Acne, and many of us suffer from different things. Every person is different from eachother .

ONE DAY THERE MITE BE BUT UNTILL THEN WE ARE TEST SUBJECTS FOR NOW !

BESIDES I WOULD RATHER HAVE ACNE THEN CANCER !

You all are crackpots. I'm a research biologist; I work in the field of toxicology. Yes there are many greedy malevolent sons of bitches out there but that's not the reason there's no cure for many diseases. Do you think that pharmaceutical companies would spend billions a year on reasearch and develpment if they had all the answers? Well maybe, but trust me they don't have all the answers.

The reason there's no cure is because... well it's hard. You can cure a couple viral diseases by giving the body a dead or weakened form of the virus and your body will build up an immunologic attack against it in case of a second attach. You might think 'well AIDS is a virus, why can't we just give the body a weakened form of it?' Well the simple answers is that the AIDS virus comes in many shapes and sizes, therefore it is almost impossible to expose the body to all of the forms of the virus. This is the same reason that the flu shot doesn't always work, it too comes in many shapes and sizes.

Acne is caused by morpholigic differences in our pores. More importantly, with our oil glands. It is not a bacterial disease. Yes P. acnes is responsible for growing in clogged pores. Killing this bacteria will not cure the cause, only a symptom. Scientists are working on drugs that will alter the function of our sebacous glands and ones that alter the activity of 5-alpha reductase (enzyme that converts testosterone to DHY[<--makes sebum sticky]), but they haven't quite got it yet . The best drug they have is accutane. In the meantime they just keep throwing antibacterial and antiinflammatory drugs at us to yes make money. So why don't they just turn these genes off because yes they can do that. The reason is that the genes responsible for causing acne have more than one function and their main goal is not to cause acne. The person who said that acne is just an underlying condtion to some other illness was probably the best reason I saw on here.

pharmaceutical companies spend billions a year on research and development for what.......to make more drugs! Have you ever, ever, ever heard of a pharmaceutical company researching ways to PREVENT a certain disease or ailment? Modern medicine only focuses on treating the symptoms of a problem, and not the problem itself. The way they treat the smyptoms is with drugs, drugs and more drugs. Thus, adding to the problem..making us even more unhealthy. You might think there aren't cures for every disease, but for every disease there is a place in the world where it doesnt occur. Take India for example. Diabetes over there is virtually unheard of. Yet over here, millions have it. Millions are hooked on insulin for the rest of their lives. Whatever company is selling them that insulin is gaurenteed a steady customer for a long long time.

pharmaceutical companies spend billions a year on research and development for what.......to make more drugs! Have you ever, ever, ever heard of a pharmaceutical company researching ways to PREVENT a certain disease or ailment? Modern medicine only focuses on treating the symptoms of a problem, and not the problem itself. The way they treat the smyptoms is with drugs, drugs and more drugs. Thus, adding to the problem..making us even more unhealthy. You might think there aren't cures for every disease, but for every disease there is a place in the world where it doesnt occur. Take India for example. Diabetes over there is virtually unheard of. Yet over here, millions have it. Millions are hooked on insulin for the rest of their lives. Whatever company is selling them that insulin is gaurenteed a steady customer for a long long time.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say.

Don't you thnk diet plays a big role in that, diabetes boy?

the people that are doing the research in pathology usually work in academia; then they release publications of their findings, which can be found anywhere on the internet (i.e. PubMed). It doesn't matter how much money and power the pharmaceutical companies have, the information is still out their. Scientists are deep down the cockiest most self centered people in the world. Most care about their name on a publication than being paid off by pharmaceutical companies.