Notifications
Clear all

Just discovered Quinoderm!

MemberMember
(@charliezoo)

Posted : 01/28/2009 7:52 am

I found this Quinoderm Cream over the counter at Tesco's pharmacy yesterday and thought I'd give it a try.

Its 10% BP and 0.5% Potassium Hydroxyquinoline Sulphate (not familiar with that one! )

I've been on prescription Isotretinoin gel for about 4 weeks now and it hasn't made much difference so far. I applied the Quinoderm last night before bed and woke up with the calmest looking skin I've had in months! The active acne I had is drying up and the red marks left by old spots have faded to pink.

I know its very early days but so far so good, its also good under moisturiser and make-up which is a bonus.

I'm intending to use this in the morning and continue with the Isotretinoin at night to give it a chance.

I looked on the Quinoderm website and they have a face wash and wipes which they didn't have in Tesco's....anyone tried these or have tried the cream? I'd love to know what results other's have had :D

MemberMember
(@notmarkk)

Posted : 01/31/2009 4:26 pm

i just bought 5% of this stuff

used it 4 times now and it stings a lot and my acne is flaring up.. i think my skin is reacting to it.

MemberMember
(@thebadger7)

Posted : 02/08/2009 8:31 am

I used this for 3 months and it turned my acne cystic. If you think its not working for you, don't keep with the 'it must be getting worse before getting better' phase.

MemberMember
(@martan)

Posted : 03/18/2009 3:19 pm

I've been using it for years, works like a charm but is very drying!!

MemberMember
(@user34560)

Posted : 06/15/2009 4:32 am

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just have to show my support for Quinoderm. Fantastic stuff. I messed around for about 5 years with Zyneryt and Dalacin T (which both worked very well for about 6 months at a time but then I had to alternate them).

I also used normal Panoxyl Aquagel BP which dried my skin terribly and frankly just didn't work. I tired Quinoderm as an alternative to the antibiotics and expected it to fall flat. What I got within about 3 weeks was an excellent qulity of skin AND life. Doesn't dry my skin much at all and I just use a blob of glycerin with warm water to moisturize. I use the Quinoderm 5, BTW.

If you haven't tried it, you MUST!!!

Good luck people. :)

MemberMember
(@mr-jay)

Posted : 07/11/2009 11:09 am

Not to break up the party here but I've been using Quinoderm 5 for about 4 years now and it's very up and down. Seems to be more down than up recently so I'm thinking about changing. Just worried about how my skin will react once I change to something else. I've noticed in the past that when I stop using it I break out.

MemberMember
(@plink)

Posted : 07/30/2009 4:16 pm

I used Quinoderm 10% for several years and it's the best BP I found. WAY better than Panoxyl. For me, 2.5% Panoxyl was unbearable. Mega irritation. Wheras 10% Quinoderm was fine. Something in the Panoxyl didn't agree with me. But others have said similar about that stuff.

Although I can't compare Quinoderm with Dans because I haven't used Dan's BP. Quinoderm 10% was always, significantly, better than any 2.5% for me.

MemberMember
(@rubbish)

Posted : 09/15/2009 9:54 am

Quinoderm 10% is the best, been using it for months and months and months, about a year.

Only once a day is fine for me.

MemberMember
(@joeshep)

Posted : 09/15/2009 3:11 pm

I had some Quinoderm 10% and initially it was fine..was very pleased with it. Then it started burning the hell out of my skin upon application to the extent that I just had to wash it straight off.

MemberMember
(@rubbish)

Posted : 09/16/2009 9:47 am

I had some Quinoderm 10% and initially it was fine..was very pleased with it. Then it started burning the hell out of my skin upon application to the extent that I just had to wash it straight off.

Well I found that moisturizers applied after Benzoyl Peroxide (BP) can be a problem depending on moisturizer, they can cause burning. I hardly use any moisturizer, only on my lower neck usually, where there is no BP.

The lactic acid in Quinoderm is what stings but like BP skin gets used to it if you start with small application and work up to more, 1 middle finger long in my case. My skin was sensitive to all this stuff years ago but now I can whack on any BP up to 10% with no problem, but the Quinoderm 10% cream formula is the best as far as I am concerned.

As for bleaching clothes it only tends to happen when I sweat so I wear whites or old stuff when working out or running.

MemberMember
(@dan27)

Posted : 09/16/2009 10:55 am

my doctor prescribed me quinoderm and antibiotics for six months and by the end of this period I had completely clear skin (after moderate acne before). however, when i stopped using it the spots came back after about 3 months, often bigger and more severe than before. I am back on it now and i think i will have to use it indefifntely so i would advise to keep using it even if your acne clears up completely!

also, it seems to go well with E45 moisturiser...

MemberMember
(@andy-33)

Posted : 09/17/2009 7:25 am

Can someone give me some advice, been using it 18 months and recently it doesnt seem to be doing much (its not making it worse though)

Everyone goes on about it being drying but I find it fine, maybe its cos of such repeated applications over a length of time that my skin is used to it.

I'm thinking of using Panoxyl instead since people go on about it being mega drying, but with my skin seemingly immune to quinoderm (10%) i just dont know where to go.

Plus to add to this, i'm having my worst breakout for 2 years,a few days before i go to uni. ARghhhh.

MemberMember
(@rubbish)

Posted : 09/19/2009 6:19 am

Can someone give me some advice, been using it 18 months and recently it doesnt seem to be doing much (its not making it worse though)

Everyone goes on about it being drying but I find it fine, maybe its cos of such repeated applications over a length of time that my skin is used to it.

I'm thinking of using Panoxyl instead since people go on about it being mega drying, but with my skin seemingly immune to quinoderm (10%) i just dont know where to go.

Plus to add to this, i'm having my worst breakout for 2 years,a few days before i go to uni. ARghhhh.

I use a lot of Quinoderm a full middle fingers worth.

I notice in times of extreme stress (maybe going to Uni in your case) I will get very very mild breakouts but without Quinoderm it would be way worse. Switching to twice a day in stressful periods helps.

Stress related acne has been pretty much proved in a study a few years ago so it is a factor.

I rarely ever use moisturizer over Quinoderm if I do I wait until it is completely dry and use a tiny amount, just enough.

I am not gentle, but dont scrub raw, when I use my fingers to exfoliate skin with a cleanser and rinse thoroughly in shower before applying Quinoderm after getting out of shower.

Putting lots of Quinoderm on and more frequently coupled with a decent cleansing to prepare Quinoderm is all I can suggest. And shave every day. Ride through the stress if possible.

MemberMember
(@promas47)

Posted : 10/09/2009 10:27 am

Everybody helps me! Please....I had acne 2 years ago...every medicine doesn't for me because my skin is very oily on the whole face...terrible skin...I am wondering whether quinoderm can reduce oil on my face or not!...I have been using it for 4 days and no phenomenon happens...thanks

MemberMember
(@laurenmj)

Posted : 12/18/2009 12:36 pm

I'v used quinoderm 10% its really good it stings a bit and made my skin really really dry and because i didn't have a good moisturiser i could't wear make-up for a while because my skin would just crack. My sister also used this on one spot she had (she was parranoid! lol) and had an allergic reaction to it, her chin swelled up and was really lumpy so be careful!

I used:

Quinoderm Cream 10%

nivea soft moisturiser

and then second skin foundation and mineral concealer

it seems to work but im left with a few scars to im using panoxyl BP 2.5% and bio-oil to try and help with the fading chemistdirect.co.uk are really good for cheap products! bio-oil for under A4.00!

hope this helps x

Everybody helps me! Please....I had acne 2 years ago...every medicine doesn't for me because my skin is very oily on the whole face...terrible skin...I am wondering whether quinoderm can reduce oil on my face or not!...I have been using it for 4 days and no phenomenon happens...thanks
MemberMember
(@chaihd)

Posted : 01/05/2010 5:01 pm

Hi there

Can anyone comment on how much Quinoderm to use? I have read Dan's "finger" guide but that appears to only be for gel; how much cream do you use for the full 2 pumps of Dan's BP?

MemberMember
(@raizkick)

Posted : 01/10/2013 5:38 pm

Can anyone tell me how to use Quinoderm 5? I read in the instructions that you rub it in, then scrub your hands and face well after? But most of you or things I have read about it, put it on and leave it on without washing it off? Am I applying it wrongly? Do I need to leave it in?

Thank you :).

MemberMember
(@hash14)

Posted : 01/13/2013 9:19 pm

Just ordered this really hoping this works on big cystic acne spots!!!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 01/30/2013 1:13 pm

Just ordered this really hoping this works on big cystic acne spots!!!

it does for me biggrin.png i dont know how as i always thought you couldnt treat them because theyre under the skin but this seems to work. The first night you wont notice much difference but the second night all the pain will be gone, and then it takes a few days for whatever is inside it to go down. but it really takes the inflammation off which is the worst thing about cysts. Its not an overnight cure but reduces the time for them to go from like 2/3 weeks to about a week.

This is also the ONLY thing that has ever made a difference to my blackheads. Not even other BP products work like this does, its amazing. I cant believe i ever used pore strips.