Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ready4achange

Here I go on the accutane rollar coaster

After a year of researching accutane and trying so many alternatives, I finally decided to start. I have suffered from mild to severe acne since I was 14 years old. In my 10 years of battling acne I have used proactive, murad, zenmed, retin-A, Differen, Tazorac, sulfur wash pads, glycolic kits, peels, levulan with blue light (totally ruined my skin), oral and topical antibiotics. I'm sure there is more... My skin has always gone through phases where it'll be good then bad then horrible. Just when I think my skin had cleared for good, it all comes back.

I have been on 10mg/day of Claravis for 20 days. In there first week I didn't notice anythingThe second week my face started breaking out more, and i was getting more cysts but they weren't really painful but they won't go away (never had those before). My skin is also flaking but at the same time it is still oily but not as bad as before. My lips are chapped which I use Aquaphor and that helps. As for face wash I use this Neutrogena ID kits that comes with a face wash, pads and acne cream. I know I'm not suppose to use this but I had just purchased it before starting. I use oil of olay moisturizer. My biggest problem is that I am addicted to picking and popping my pimples :shifty: In addition I've been taking a probiotic (acidophlous), flaxseed oil and vitamin E.