Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T.J.

Anybody wanna join me in a 3-day apple fast? Pics of the before and after included.

Hey, I'm going to attempt a 3-day apple fast starting tomorrow. I've never really believed that diet played a role in acne because people always told me it didn't. But after spending some time on these forums and doing some research, I've become 'mostly' convinced that it must play some role in people with acne prone skin. So this is basically my way of trying something for myself to see if it actually effects me and produces some visible results with my acne in the next few days.

So let me give you a quick overview of my recent status and what I've been doing: Been on the Regimen since October of last year. Stopped a few times due to excessive dryness and flakiness. Recently stopped a little over a week ago due to the same symptoms, plus an increase in redness (people started asking me why my face was red out in public). So since I've been off the Regimen, I've been using Cetaphil face wash and moisturizer ONLY (no BP at all). My face evened out in tone and felt much better, however, I've developed a ton of tiny bumps all over my forehead and chin. The best I can compare it to is sandpaper. I've also got some small whiteheads scattered around, mostly around the mouth and chin area. I've enjoyed the absence of BP, but obviously not what developed along the way.

Below are a few pics of my face. I apologize for the quality, they were taken on a cell phone and it's much harder to see the spots, especially on the forehead where there are a ton, but they're the same color as my skin (not inflamed or anything like that). By the way, I've had acne since middle school and the Regimen worked better than anything, but the side effects and time consuming nature of it didn't bold well for me in the end. I may go back on it if I don't end up convinced that diet plays a role in my acne, so only time will tell. A huge diet change will probably be harder for me to deal with than dryness, flakiness and redness any day of the week though, lol. :lol:

post-85313-1233102631_thumb.jpgpost-85313-1233102638_thumb.jpgpost-85313-1233102647_thumb.jpgpost-85313-1233102652_thumb.jpgpost-85313-1233102659_thumb.jpg

post-85313-1233102631_thumb.jpg

post-85313-1233102638_thumb.jpg

post-85313-1233102647_thumb.jpg

post-85313-1233102652_thumb.jpg

post-85313-1233102659_thumb.jpg

Hey, I'm going to attempt a 3-day apple fast starting tomorrow. I've never really believed that diet played a role in acne because people always told me it didn't. But after spending some time on these forums and doing some research, I've become 'mostly' convinced that it must play some role in people with acne prone skin. So this is basically my way of trying something for myself to see if it actually effects me and produces some visible results with my acne in the next few days.

So let me give you a quick overview of my recent status and what I've been doing: Been on the Regimen since October of last year. Stopped a few times due to excessive dryness and flakiness. Recently stopped a little over a week ago due to the same symptoms, plus an increase in redness (people started asking me why my face was red out in public). So since I've been off the Regimen, I've been using Cetaphil face wash and moisturizer ONLY (no BP at all). My face evened out in tone and felt much better, however, I've developed a ton of tiny bumps all over my forehead and chin. The best I can compare it to is sandpaper. I've also got some small whiteheads scattered around, mostly around the mouth and chin area. I've enjoyed the absence of BP, but obviously not what developed along the way.

Below are a few pics of my face. I apologize for the quality, they were taken on a cell phone and it's much harder to see the spots, especially on the forehead where there are a ton, but they're the same color as my skin (not inflamed or anything like that). By the way, I've had acne since middle school and the Regimen worked better than anything, but the side effects and time consuming nature of it didn't bold well for me in the end. I may go back on it if I don't end up convinced that diet plays a role in my acne, so only time will tell. A huge diet change will probably be harder for me to deal with than dryness, flakiness and redness any day of the week though, lol. :lol:

post-85313-1233102631_thumb.jpgpost-85313-1233102638_thumb.jpgpost-85313-1233102647_thumb.jpgpost-85313-1233102652_thumb.jpgpost-85313-1233102659_thumb.jpg

Too me fasts seemed liked a quick fix. If you want to address diet, you really need to change your daily eating patterns. It sucks and took me a month or two, but I am starting to see dramatic results... fingers crossed :dance:

^ I agree that a fast can't solve your problems. They can perhaps speed up the healing/detox process, but a healthy diet in general must still be followed to maintain good results!

Noolan,

Congrats on seeing an improvement!! Yea! It's great that you're changing your diet, and if you haven't yet checked out green smoothies, I recommend giving them a look as well! (Link in my signature). :)