Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmoore

vivant skin care questions

hi i have a question about vivant skin care day treamtent lotion 15 and allantoin mositurzer.

both contain octyl palmiate, which dr fulton has listed as 4. so why is it in these products wont it clog pores, icalled and ask them and they wont tell me. maybe someonelse will have some luck finding out

hi i have a question about vivant skin care day treamtent lotion 15 and allantoin mositurzer.

both contain octyl palmiate, which dr fulton has listed as 4. so why is it in these products wont it clog pores, icalled and ask them and they wont tell me. maybe someonelse will have some luck finding out

They don't seem to like answering those kinds of questions - i've heard other people say the same thing. My acne clinic, who uses some Vivant products on their clients (and knows Dr. Fulton personally) even has a hard time getting information from the company.

How far down the list of ingredients is the octyl palmiate? Small amounts might not be a problem. I also think that comdeogencity varies for some ingredients, depending on what other ingredients they are combined with. A recent study extended some of the earlier research on comedogenic ingredients - they found that for some ingredients, they were only comedogenic when they were mixed with certain kinds of other ingredients. Others (like ispropyl myristate) were highly comedogenic, regardless of their concentration or what they were mixed with.

the oclty palmiatate is listed higher in the allanotin lotion versus the dtl 15.

does the dtl 15 leave the skin with a whitish look since zinc and titanium are not micronized?

i was going to use the totaloe gel as my night time moistierzer, and they also wouldnt tell me this. the ingredient list i have , i think only contains humecants. if you use humecants alone in a low humid enivionment like in winter, it can acutally dehydrate skin more by increasing tewl.

thus i was trying to find out if there is an emollient or occulisve ingredient in the totaloe, if yes what ingredient is it? so that wouldn t happen