Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andry

Just bought a TCA kit

hello, am new to this forum.I was reading about you guys talk about TCA. So I bought a kit. I was wondering if anyone here has used one. I bought a 50% TCA kit. I used it on my arm. It looks like a dry bruise. I'm afraid it will ruin my face. I use benzoyl and salylic acid products..I have soo many. I don't want to type them all ](*,) I have gotten a salicylic peel before, it helped. But the acne after made new ones. I'm about to go on the b5 vitamin treatment. http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v145/A...an/MVC-293F.jpg

Please don't do a tca 50% peel to your face. 8-[ [-X

It is only used for spot treatment into scars with a toothpic. Please read the TCA links in FAQ that I posted toward the end. One is an audio slideshow and the other a medical paper about TCA cross treatement.

Please do not apply this strength on your whole face! Some people use 50% for TCA Cross. Whereever you bought the 50%, maybe you can ask the seller how to reduce it to a lower strength.To do the whole face you need to start with a lower strength like 12%.

Guest Tracy

I agree. DO NOT USE 50% TCA for a full face peel. You can probably dilute it yourself with distilled water, I believe.

OMG....the patch test left a purple/brown spot. Its been 24hours since I did this. It hasn't dried up or peeled. Good thing I didn't put this on my face.

the seller e-mailed me this:

I'm glad you did a patch test. Many people do not. It is reacting the way it is supposed to (Keep ointment on it - it will peel better).

I wouldn't apply a 50% on your face. It is traumatic, turns purple/red and scabs, then takes quite a while for the pink new skin to fade out to it's normal color. You should probably use 20-25% solution. Most people that go in for a professional TCA peel take time off work to stay in out of the sun and to keep the face moist with ointment. It looks bad, but when the old skin has completely peeled, the new skin looks good.

People with blemished skin need to keep a protection lotion or cream on their skin, as odd as that seems. It protects the skin from airborn impurities and from bacteria on their hands.

Vitamin A (taken orally) is good for drying up oily complexions. Vitamin A is what REtin-A is derived from.

Nice looking guy.

Feel free to write with any questions.

Hope this helps. I am out of town right now and will return home in a week. If you'll send me your address again, I mail you some professional product samples for oily/blemished skin (free).

I'm soo scared to use this one my face... MOre worried about the patch test I did.

Will I ever get this spot off!

This is the pot calling the kettle black but I have used 50% before and although it kicks a** it is never something you should try without expecting possible, bad outcomes and never used if you have not used the lower percentages first.

This is why I won't sell anything higher than the 25%. You would not believe where people will put this acid and I don't want to worry about that! The stories I could tell :-k