Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think ive gone through every emotion as far as acne is concerned....

From obbsessing about it ( Which i guess i still do actually #-o )...

From blanking it and thinking it will "just go away" Surely :-s ...

Bouts of depression... ](*,)

Getting upset maybe once or twice max,... But then one weekend "crying uncontrolably" - Now that wernt nice =;

And Anger.. Like evil.gif .. Cuz your that eat up and completely p***d off because its seems to be never ending

Then.... Numbness :-k ? Which is kinda where i am now.

Strange huh?

How about everyone else.....

You're forgetting the biggest one of all....Happiness!!! biggrin.gif

In some ways, I'm glad. I see it as a "test" in my life. How I will handle it. How it will handle me. I WON'T let it control my life. I control it. Man I sound like an after school special. smile.gif

The glass is always half-full for me! ::smiles::

Yeh, but i was talking more so of the gloomy ones... :-({|=

Kinda popped into my head when reading through other posts. :-s

Suppose i can see what you mean in regards to "tests" in life, as im fully awareful there what make us what we are...

Yet i think ive my fair share of bigger ones already, regardless of acne [-(

This one just annoys me cuz it stays around! ...Dont control life, But i carnt seem to control "IT" evil.gif

But yes the glass is always half-full ... I will agree biggrin.gif

worst of all the emotions for me: panic....especially right before i leave home.

dissapointment.

Undeserving and Unwanted.

worst of all the emotions for me:  panic....especially right before i leave home. 

dissapointment. 

Undeserving and Unwanted.

I don't know about anybody else, but since I have been on the regimen (1 1/2 weeks now) and my face is remarkably clearer, I am obsessively examining my face looking for hidden pimples waiting to surface. I have gotten a few more breakouts since being on the regimen, but I have this "too good to be true" mentality at the moment due to my almost clear appearance. :-k

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I think I only have two general emotions.

Sometimes I feel 'okay' and think hey, my appearance is OK and I can hang out with girls and feel attractive.

Sometimes I feel that I need to spend more money to improve my scars and appearance.

I always see the glass as half full....but it don't stop me from thinking there is room for improvement. biggrin.gif

R4chel (rachel im guessing O:) ) i really understand that cycle. It's like you're bouncing off emotional walls. I've been sat with my mum in the garden, around a year ago when i was 18, and i just suddenly burst into tears, and it was uncontrollable. It's as if my brain couldn't except that life is that bad. When i think about it, okay life isn't bad compared to the 1 billion people living off a dollar - 50p - a week. We live in first world countries and we're more depressed than most people living in shite holes around the world. We all know society wont allow us to feel comfortable.

So i've been happy in my depression and depressed in my happiness, angry, frustrated, euphoric, elated...but what ever the emotions, if society isn't going to except us, we should learn to except our selves as best we can. Thanks for your sharing of your emotions r4chel. ;-)

Acne is a cruel teacher. Through pain and suffering it has taught me discipline, perseverence, confidence, and all sorts of good stuff. Yes I do feel bad and don't feel like going out a lot, but I'm usually able to tell those emotions to piss off. It hasn't taught me how to mack on girls though, I guess I'll have to come up with that myself.

It's (acne) definitely taught me not to judge others and to have patience, to be grateful for what i do have, i try to learn the lessons that have stemmed from having acne, and take some positives from it!

:0)

I have been thru every emotion with acne and scarring as well, but I kind of relate it to the first year of my marriage now, after you go thru every fight possible and have all the emotions possible, you tend to just let it go because you can predict the outcome and you know it will get better eventually. My skin problems have taught me more about myself than anything else, and while it can be painful to face things about yourself, once you go thru the pain you come out wiser. You can learn to respect yourself for getting thru it and learn to forgive yourself and allow yourself private time when you need to just be alone. I think there are tons of good things that can come out of it, but it still sucks when you have it. Maybe some of us will have to deal with it for the rest of our lives, especially scarring, however, we don't have to deal with the same emotions for the rest of our lives. We can evolve even if our skin doesn't O:)

I kind of relate it to the first year of my marriage now,

i have been through all sorts of emotions. now i seem to have that numbness you talked about rachael, i mean i still do get happy and stuff, but when something happens that others cry about or feel really bad about, i dont really feel sad

also, lots of anger, i get pissed off alot. maybe it's the creatine monohydrate im taking... nah thats just a myth.

JC

Marriage is great as long as you don't take one another for granted and just try to communicate without a fight. I'm lucky I married a great guy which makes is easier. But it's still work.

I realized another emotion or lack of, I tend to have at times. I do feel numb at times but I also realized I block out the bad memories alot too. Like if I went thru a bad month with my skin, even though is can be traumatic, after it is over I just don't ever think about it again and try to block it out. Then when it happens again it brings up all the old feelings and I am surprised how quickly I had forgot them, let them go. It's like I just try to push all the bad stuff right out of my head so I don't have to ever deal with it. I guess it's a coping mechanism.

Marriage is great as long as you don't take one another for granted and just try to communicate without a fight.  I'm lucky I married a great guy which makes is easier.  But it's still work.

Sometimes memories can be harsh. Sometimes we'd all like to forget what we have been thru in the past. God knows somtimes i'd like to forget about some of the stuff i have been thu. But i've been thu enough to know i want to make some good memories for myself.

I always see the glass as half full....but it don't stop me from thinking there is room for improvement.  :D  

R4chel (rachel im guessing  O:) ) i really understand that cycle. It's like you're bouncing off emotional walls. I've been sat with my mum in the garden, around a year ago when i was 18, and i just suddenly burst into tears, and it was uncontrollable. It's as if my brain couldn't except that life is that bad. When i think about it, okay life isn't bad compared to the 1 billion people living off a dollar - 50p - a week. We live in first world countries and we're more depressed than most people living in shite holes around the world. We all know society wont allow us to feel comfortable.

So i've been happy in my depression and depressed in my happiness, angry, frustrated, euphoric, elated...but what ever the emotions, if society isn't going to except us, we should learn to except our selves as best we [/b]can. Thanks for your sharing of your emotions r4chel. ;-)

i have been through all sorts of emotions.  now i seem to have that numbness you talked about rachael, i mean i still do get happy and stuff, but when something happens that others cry about or feel really bad about, i dont really feel sad

also, lots of anger, i get pissed off alot.  maybe it's the creatine monohydrate im taking... nah thats just a myth.

heya, yeah thats exactly my point. The way it is all very contradicting...i want to accept myself, but only when im clear lol.

it is a infinite loop of misery at times.

In a perfect world maybe we all would except ourselves AND each other. But it is not a perfect world.

So we just keep on bouncin off them walls.

The way it is all very contradicting...i want to accept myself, but only when im clear lol..

((((HUG)))) for rachel.

i know it feels like ](*,) but we just gotta keep moving.

there isnt a doubt that u wont make it rach,

:-D

I'm a pessimist. I cried, I obsessed over my acne, I slapped my face ( :shifty: ), etcetera. I hate going to places with bright lights. I hate the sunlight (it makes your acne look more obvious). I'm more of a night-person.

Acne.. so small, but yet so terrible.