Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miss Bennet

Topical Hormone balancer called Clearogen

Clearogen is a three step acne treatment. It contains a wash, a toner, and a lotion. It's slightly expensive and it's an over-the-counter treatment. It would probably work best on oily skin because it's a little drying. I didn't really stick with it long enough to know if it really works but it's worth a try. It's supposed to act like a topical hormone balancer. It stops the conversion of some hormone to DHT, or the hormone that causes acne, so that it prevents all further outbreaks and helps speed up the recovery of existing outbreaks. I know the thought is really exciting but you guys should research it a lot more than I do. When I used it, (not totally as instructed... I tend to devise my own instructions ), I think it might have caused tiny, under-the-skin, flesh-colored, bumps to appear. My mom insists that it was some other medication that I had been using and I'm starting to agree with her. Don't let that totally turn you off it though. It might be what works for you. Thought this might be helpful,

~Miss Bennet

P.S. USE AS INSTRUCTED!!!

C'mon!!! no one's gonna respond!!!!???? :doh::evil::(

I have just started using Clearogen. I'm only using the final step - the lotion containing the saw palmetto. I am in the week just before my period which should be the worst day for my acne and this has been the best week of the entire month. My face usually clears while I'm on my period, but as soon as it's over I start to break out again and it climaxes the week before my period. So far this is the ONLY product that has had ANY effect on my hormonal acne. I'm 27 and I'm so I've tried EVERYTHING! The only thing I do differently is that I apply it in the morning and evening. The instructions so to only use it once a day.

I doubt VERY seriously Clearogen is causing the bumps you are describing. I guess some people might have some odd reaction to the ingredients to any given substance, no matter how common, but the ingredients in Clearogen are as benign as you are going to to get.

I am astounded that every single person on this board is not checking out Clearogen. I have been battling acne for about 37 years. Accutane helped for a couple of years - I was completely clear. But then it came back, not as bad as before. My acne is hormonal - fluctuates with my monthly cycle. Sometimes deep cysts.

I tried every product on the market, both prescription and over the counter. Differin, Retin A, Tazorac, Benzaclin, antibiotics, and on and on and on.

Clearogen is the FIRST PRODUCT that WORKED! My skin is clear and smooth. It worked FAST. Started showing results in a week or two. Gets better and better after that.

Look, the doctor that created this stuff is a genius. Period.

I suppose it is possible some people have acne that is not hormonally caused, in which case it may be less helpful. I don't know enough to say. But I suspect most people's is hormonal. There is a lot of research out there on this causal link.

I had laughed when I originally saw the ingredients. How could such a simple list of ingredients fix such a severe and persistent problem? Well, it did.

Is it still working for you? Or is it only short lived? Im doing my research at moment and there are so many treatments my haeds spinning. Im currently breastfeeding so i may stop that before i embark on anything.

Whats your opinin on Clearogen. Is it worth trying or is it another scam?

Many thanks

I doubt VERY seriously Clearogen is causing the bumps you are describing. I guess some people might have some odd reaction to the ingredients to any given substance, no matter how common, but the ingredients in Clearogen are as benign as you are going to to get.

I am astounded that every single person on this board is not checking out Clearogen. I have been battling acne for about 37 years. Accutane helped for a couple of years - I was completely clear. But then it came back, not as bad as before. My acne is hormonal - fluctuates with my monthly cycle. Sometimes deep cysts.

I tried every product on the market, both prescription and over the counter. Differin, Retin A, Tazorac, Benzaclin, antibiotics, and on and on and on.

Clearogen is the FIRST PRODUCT that WORKED! My skin is clear and smooth. It worked FAST. Started showing results in a week or two. Gets better and better after that.

Look, the doctor that created this stuff is a genius. Period.

I suppose it is possible some people have acne that is not hormonally caused, in which case it may be less helpful. I don't know enough to say. But I suspect most people's is hormonal. There is a lot of research out there on this causal link.

I had laughed when I originally saw the ingredients. How could such a simple list of ingredients fix such a severe and persistent problem? Well, it did.