Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoyboy17

TCA Peel HELP!

Just some quick background. I've been on Doxycycline for about 2 months now and my acne is getting better. Its no longer pimples anymore as much as it is red marks on my cheeks from when I was insecure in highschool and popped em I'm also using an Atralin gel(tretinoin) on my face at night. My derm. told me I have moderate cystic acne. But I'm seeing that the only problem left with my face is my light red marks and couple ice pick scars on my cheeks. So I was wondering how people used TCA peels. I've read about the % and the downtime which I'm fine with but I'm confused as to do you still wash your face with soap and water after the peel? Do you just leave it completely alone? Let me know your thoughts and how you took your TCA peels. Thanks yall

Just some quick background. I've been on Doxycycline for about 2 months now and my acne is getting better. Its no longer pimples anymore as much as it is red marks on my cheeks from when I was insecure in highschool and popped em I'm also using an Atralin gel(tretinoin) on my face at night. My derm. told me I have moderate cystic acne. But I'm seeing that the only problem left with my face is my light red marks and couple ice pick scars on my cheeks. So I was wondering how people used TCA peels. I've read about the % and the downtime which I'm fine with but I'm confused as to do you still wash your face with soap and water after the peel? Do you just leave it completely alone? Let me know your thoughts and how you took your TCA peels. Thanks yall

From my experience i just heard that you do not do anything like rub your face or scrub it as it is alot more sensitive after the tca peel. In my opinion i wouldnt use anything but a LIGHT cleanser if i was going to wash my face after the tca peel. After a couple weeks or so though your skin should be completely healed and you can go back to your normal procedure of whatever you did before the peel. For a full face peel being it is your first time you should try 12.5%...25% is the highest for a full face tca peel but that might be too risky for your first time with TCA.. I hope this helped :cool: