Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ctbo

non dairy how far do you take it?

I stoped drinking milk i stoped eating cheese i stop eating pizza fast food soda,..what about butter should i cut that out to??i know theres non dairy butter right?now i drink soy mil or rice milk.etc how far do you guys take the non dairy thing im not sure what to eat and its getting really hard for me.i mean my acne has gottin a little better but i stll break out.when i go out to eat like at an Italian restaurant i dont know what to order everything is cheese on this and that..what about tuna fish is that safe to eat?im guessing no..ugh what about meat dairy right I cant eat turkey now or chicken peanut butter is that safe to eat or what? im just not sure what to do here.anyway i have to eat out alot what type of things at resturants you think are safe to eat that are non dairy that wont cause breakouts im kinda stuck with this one.

Butter is usually tolerated okay, but if you want to really test how dairy affects your skin, you should eliminate all dairy from your diet to see how your skin reacts. All dairy products contain some of the same potential irritants.

well as soon as I drink a cup of milk I break out with 2-3 new pimples =/ it's a pain not to be able to drink milk seeing as how i used to drink 2-3 gallons of it a week......but hey at least now I'm clear =D

thanks guys its really hard for me to do this is really is.being an adult and getting acne itsnt easy and it itsnt easy for anyone or any of us i really hate it.do you guys eat out at all?can someone help me to know what foods at resturants would be ok to eat to thanks.

hey ctbo, try sticking to meat and veg dishes with sauces that don't look creamy or taste very sweet (alfredo sauce, caesar dressing and bbq sauce would be bad sauces for acne). Try a steak salad if the restaurant has it. If there's nothing on the menu that you think you can get away with or you don't want salad, order something with a lot of different foods in it, or a meal that has like 3 different courses. You can eat a little bit of all the foods in moderation and you probably won't break out. Try to avoid eating too much pasta, rice, bread, sweet or creamy sauces and sugary drinks with your meal, you should be fine. Don't order desert...if you do, make sure you split it with a friend, plus have coffee or tea with it.

hey ctbo, try sticking to meat and veg dishes with sauces that don't look creamy or taste very sweet (alfredo sauce, caesar dressing and bbq sauce would be bad sauces for acne).

And terriyaki, honey-anything, etc. Most oriental sauces will have sugar.

I was on accutane last year and my acne cleared up. I was so happy seeing how my face has progressed. Then early this year acne started erupt again. At first it was just tiny flesh colored bumps on my forehead but over the months it got worse and worse. I didn't know what was happening to my face. I contemplated whether to go on accutane again or not because I hear some people have to go on a second course of it. I decided to not do it due to reasons like how expensive it is and what a painful experience it can be (I suffered from the initial breakout for a few months and my face was in its worst state). I didn't know what to do. I was so frustrated and I found myself crying a lot because of the frustration. Then I decided to go on a dairy free diet. Before, I didn't really believe in this 'cure it from the inside' thing, or maybe I didn't want to believe in it because I love milky goods too much. But I wanted to give it a try because a lot of people say it works for them. Aside from the no dairy thing, I also try to incorporate more veggies and fruits in my diet and drinking at least 3 liters of water a day. It was a struggle not eating dairy as a lot of foods contain them but I have to say the biggest struggle of it all is the WAITING part. Some people say they saw results in 2 weeks but at that time my acne was still present. I started to think that maybe this no dairy thing is not for me but I did it still and I am so glad that I did because in 4 weeks my acne started clearing up. Usually I had a couple or more pimples everyday but now it's maybe one or even NONE. the scars are still present but you know what? It's a thousand times better than actual acne and I can easily cover it with foundation. I'm really glad and I feel very grateful.
For everyone who is suffering from acne, please give this a try. Try it for at least 4 weeks (or maybe more). The best advice that I can give you is to be PATIENT. You have to wait. There is no quick cure for acne. be patient and consistent! I wish you all the best.