Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aubreykg

Help Me Figure Out What These Mystery Chest Bumps Are

For years I have had bumps covering my entire chest... every pore. I have mild acne with occasional pimples and blackheads on my face, chest and back. I have very oily skin. The bumps in questions are small, not itchy, not flaky, not inflamed, not painful and they are skin colored. They only go away if they are squeezed... but they aren't full of puss or blackhead stuff... they have a white/yellow thickish pastey substance in them. They don't come to a head like a pimple. And they always come back every time in every spot. They don't respond to acne treatments. A few of these bumps are larger and fill up with a good amount of the thick substance. I can squeeze the stuff out, but it comes back in a day. Then I have these other bumps that are somewhat hard, round white balls under the skin and they can't be squeezed. A few of these I have poked with something sharp and the white thick substance was able to be squeezed out.

What could this be??

I think this is just your pores filling up with sebum and skin cells, they are called sebaceous filaments. I think the only "cure" would be to take an oral retinol like accutane that decreases your body's oil production from the inside.

For years I have had bumps covering my entire chest... every pore. I have mild acne with occasional pimples and blackheads on my face, chest and back. I have very oily skin. The bumps in questions are small, not itchy, not flaky, not inflamed, not painful and they are skin colored. They only go away if they are squeezed... but they aren't full of puss or blackhead stuff... they have a white/yellow thickish pastey substance in them. They don't come to a head like a pimple. And they always come back every time in every spot. They don't respond to acne treatments. A few of these bumps are larger and fill up with a good amount of the thick substance. I can squeeze the stuff out, but it comes back in a day. Then I have these other bumps that are somewhat hard, round white balls under the skin and they can't be squeezed. A few of these I have poked with something sharp and the white thick substance was able to be squeezed out.

What could this be??

I have a similar problem on my chest. Weird, because it's only on my chest and yet I have body acne in other areas too! Some of the bumps have been there for a really long time, so of course I've poked some of them open a little just like you. They really are like big pimples that never come up to the surface of the skin...so it's like there's nothing you can do to make it go away =( I get the feeling that it's because the skin on the chest is somewhat thicker/tougher than in other areas like the back and face, and is touched all day by clothes...so it's probably easier for stuff to get clogged up in there.

I'm not about to go on accutane to solve that little issue, but I think if yours is that serious you should just get something prescribed. Until then, I'd suggest not even touching it. Chest acne is THE WORST, so I think it would be worth the trouble!