Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
likestolaugh

how often should I take zinc tablets?

I just picked up a bottle of 25 mg zinc tablets... I also saw 50 mg and 100 mg, but since I've never taken the stuff, and read how it can cause nausea... I thought I'd start low.

So I'm wondering if this is good enough? I've read how people taken them 2 or 3 times a day... but on each bottle (25, 50, and 100 mg) it said 1 daily with a meal. I did this today and felt fine.

Should I take it more than that, or should I increase the mg?

(I have moderate to severe acne... especially on my back)

thanks!! :)

i take zinc 50mg and have been for 2 months. i started out 1 every 2 days and now i take it every day....i only get ouzy on a totally empty stomache.what time of day are you taking it?

Take one per day. If you don't see results after two weeks, start taking two per day. If you still don't see results, discontinue the supplement.

if I don't see results, couldn't I just switch to 50 mg?

Anyway, I'm gonna try and take them with breakfast, since dinner is inconsistent these days (often go out to dinner and so on)

I just started taking 50 mg zinc picolanate a few days ago. I take two a day, breakfast and dinner time. I have a pretty tough stomach so I haven't been quesy at all and I'm noticing an improvement already.

make sure you know the dangers of taking zinc. taking too much can cause an improper balance of other minerals such as copper in your body and can lead to zinc overdose. i wouldnt exceed 50mg a day. if you take too much you can actually harm your immune system.

I just picked up a bottle of 25 mg zinc tablets... I also saw 50 mg and 100 mg, but since I've never taken the stuff, and read how it can cause nausea... I thought I'd start low.

So I'm wondering if this is good enough? I've read how people taken them 2 or 3 times a day... but on each bottle (25, 50, and 100 mg) it said 1 daily with a meal. I did this today and felt fine.

i have back acne too... but I dont care much about it

In my case it just clears itself up after many years x_x I didnt do anything to it and the break out just stopped by itself

i have back acne too... but I dont care much about it

In my case it just clears itself up after many years x_x I didnt do anything to it and the break out just stopped by itself

yeah well don't we all wish that would happen lol!