Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

please dont call my description shallow, because im only trying to set up the story....

im a very popular guy in my school, i have a lot of friends, good grades, varsity football player the whole jock scene(except im not a jerk or anything). i have yet to have a serious relationship, why?, sadly i've been scared to ask some girls out because my friends talk crap about them( they arent jerks either but they like to joke about girls and how they are unattractive or whatever) and my friends have had many girlfriends who were sooo good looking, like models. And dont say i need better friends, cause they have been their for me through everything in my life.

my thing is that i had a bad case of severe acne back in the beginning of this year and i lived under a rock for a while. i promised myself i wouldnt care what other peopl say and just live my life. i now have bad PIH but i still go out and hang out. there is this girl who likes me and i wanna take her out on a date and it will most likely result in us being together. BUT, now im hesitant ( most likely because im getting clearer) she isnt extremely attractive and my friends will be like " HER!!"... i get the whole inner beauty thing, but what do you guys think... when i had an effed up face i wanted to go out an b with anyone and now im clearer im more hesitent.... am i shallow, be honest

when i mean dont call my description shallow i meant my use of words like jock popular hot.... but be honest call ME shallow if u like, i need the truth

Well, you must realize sometimes that friends aren't always right. And sometimes it's best not to listen too much to them.

If you really like the girl for who she is then ask her out. But n your place i would also be hesitant.

It could be that you might not even like her deeply, but due to acne and the decrease in your self-esteem you became desperate for anyone to be near and thus was willing to jump into a relationship with anyone who bothered to show you attention.

I had done such a mistake in my life before and it was hell. I didn't love or even like the guy i was dating, but hadn't the heart to break up with him. At first. After abour 8 months I finally managed to do that and was happy ever since.

First, i think, you should look into yourself and find out if you actually want to have a relationship or if you want to actually be closer to that certain person.

Well, if theyre truly your friends they won't care how she looks as long as she treats you right!

I mean honestly, all your mate's have pretty gfs because shes like a 'accesorie'

Its like would u rather have a UGLY hairy fat girl OR a SUPERMODEL with gorgeus hair and a tight body. Honestly if theyre gonna put YOU AND YOUR GF down i think its time to find new friends :]

P.S TIGHT = COOL STOP THINK PERVERTED (INSERT IGNORE NAME HERE)

yea ure absolutley right... thats what i was thinking, could this because ive been depressed/ havent had a relationship... my thought process is to see how a date goes with her... this is one of the few times im not sure how i feel

if you like her, date her. fuck what your friends think. they will not be part of your relationship. it's not shallow to not be attracted to someone, but if you're thinking that you would settle for a less attractive girl on the grounds that your skin was still broken out, then THAT is shallow, and really reprehensible, actually.

besides, looks aren't the only thing that's important. if you think she's a nice person, and would make you happy, then why go for it?

yea ure absolutley right... thats what i was thinking, could this because ive been depressed/ havent had a relationship... my thought process is to see how a date goes with her... this is one of the few times im not sure how i feel

Go for it buddy :]

You have nothing to lose!!!

Once you graduate and didn't ask her out before u will totally regret it so go for the plunge!!!

Your whole post sounds just like me. Except I said fuck it. I'm a Senior and went for a younger girl which is a big no-no.

But guess what!? It didn't work out. I couldn't believe it. She broke things off with me for a guy her age.

The best part of this story is I don't regret it at all. It didn't work out, but im fine with that cause I tried, and I think you should do the same thing. Regret is a pretty powerful thing my friend, don't let it happen to you.

thing is i know regret... my best friend in th world who is a girl, liked me a few years back and i was scared back then so i sed no... know i think about wat could have been

Nah, you're not shallow.

Not every girl you date is going to be a 10/10 in the looks department, but that's where personality kicks in and you end up liking the person, not just liking their appearance.

If you like her, date her. If not, then don't. Your friends are not a factor in this, I once over heard my friend slagging off my girlfriend at the time, saying she was ugly and some other shit. Whilst it's a bit harsh to use that word, it's his opinion (though I did tell him to fuck off a few times) and he is entitled to it, it didn't make me feel any different about my girlfriend at the time (who in hindsight was pretty ugly) so don't listen to anyone but yourself.

Also, in my experience, hot girls are shit in bed. Stick with the lesser ones, they try harder.

Tell your friends that you're having a dry spell, and that it means nothing. Problem solved.

lol ^^.. you know whats funny, they'res plenty of girls i would have dated if i didnt care what my friends thought, but too bad i did and still do care. i know im being a hypocrite but i think you should go out with her, and what the guy above said always works as long as she doesnt hear you said it.. if she does then you're f'd.. lol

Damn sounds just like me lol. Had plenty of girls come up to me including hot ones which I wouldn't flirt back with because I was soo freaking insecure. Get a girl who's at least somewhat pretty, I mean if she's ugly then don't go for her....she's gotta have at least something going on for her. If she's the kinda girl no one else would wanna be with then it comes to two things: What you want or what your friends will think of you and the rest of the school. Somehow till this day I wonder why girl's still liked me even with my acne....lol

shallow? no, more of a tool i would say. I'd recommend some work in your decision-making skills; your actions seem to be easily affected by your enviroment and friends (who are totally fucking awesome but happen to be very superficial.. word.), this could disable you to make proper life decisions later on when you become an adult.

good luck.

thanks guys for the advice, i decided to ask her out to the movies friday... shes not ugly or anything, but the more i think of it i think im making to much of a big deal over it, im just going to take her out and have a good time... let everything else take care of itself