Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ctbo

why does I always pic my pimples?

I dont know maybe theres something wrong with me.everyone tells me dont pick your pimples dodnt pop them it just will mae them worse.most of the time it does.but for some reason i just have to try and get all the puss out one more time till it makes my skin really bad.what the hells wrong with me anyway?

A lot of people are just like you ctbo. When I started 'confessing' to other people about my skin picking problem, almost all of them said that they picked at their skin, too: almost everybody's picked at a scab before... and look at certain kinds of monkeys that spend a big part of their day picking over other monkeys' bodies, or think of how most people just love popping bubble wrap or breaking through frozen-over puddles... What's wrong with you and me and lots of other people is a matter of degree--taking things to an extreme--, and of impulse-control. Some people seem to be able to tell themselves to just stop it; I for one have never been able to do that very well. The only things that work for me are being so busy I don't have time to stand in front of the mirror (which is rare), or making sure there's always people around (I never pick at my face in public), or having clear skin (when I'm lucky).

I dont know maybe theres something wrong with me.everyone tells me dont pick your pimples dodnt pop them it just will mae them worse.most of the time it does.but for some reason i just have to try and get all the puss out one more time till it makes my skin really bad.what the hells wrong with me anyway?

I have the same problem. My parents (and myself) ask me what's wrong with me almost everyday. I'm getting a lot better though. It really is satisfying. It's almost like you're defeating the zit. But stick with it though. WILL POWER!!!!