Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coco.

Jojoba oil

For a bit of history, I don't have a huge problem with acne. Redness is more my problem, and when I break out, it's pretty minor. I have combination skin with dry dry cheeks and a somewhat oily t-zone.

I've never been particularly happy with any cleansers or moisturizers that I've tried, and like many of you I've tried a lot of them. I've been lurking around here on and off for quite a while and recently I finally decided to give Dan's cleanser, moisturizer, and jojoba oil a shot. I bypassed the BP because I don't think I really need it.

So I've been using them for a few days now, and my problem I think is with the moisturizer and jojoba oil. I've never used jojoba oil before. But when I use them, whether it's just the moisturizer or the moisturizer with a few drops of jojoba oil added, my face ends up feeling kind of...tacky, is the only word I can think of for it. It seems to take forever to soak in. And now I'm breaking out - on my chin, which isn't completely unusual, and on my forehead, which is. I can't remember the last time I broke out on my forehead.

Is this to be expected? Is this something other people experienced after starting jojoba oil? Or am I one of those unfortunate people who doesn't tolerate it very well?

Try using less and see if that helps with the tacky feeling. As for the breakouts, it would be unusual for something to cause breakouts in just a few days of use, unless you are allergic or sensitive to it.

I'm going on 3 weeks on 'DKR' . I only use it at night . To be quite honest, it has worked wonders . I too, had oily skin back then, and thus my oily skin subsided . (I don't know how, but I can tell) I'm assuming any 'new' product you put onto your face, you're more than likely to have a breakout . (Which happend to me in the first week of use.) After the second week, everything diminished . If you didn't know, the moisturizer already contains 'Jojoba' (seed) oil in it . I use Jojoba Oil myself, but with only 1 or 2 drops w/ 1 pump of moisturizer . It does make my face look a little shiny, but it seems to be working good on my part . If you've been on it for a couple days, then you should be at 1 pump of moisturizer . How many drops of Jojoba you're using? Other than that, like you said, you're unfortunate.

I did know that the moisturizer already has jojoba oil in it, which is why I was wondering if it's that ingredient that was giving me this tacky feeling and making me break out.

What I did when I first tried the products was, I used about 1 pump of moisturizer and 4 drops of jojoba oil; I thought I ought to use a little less than Dan's recommended 6 drops. It felt like way too much to me, so now I only use about 1/2 to 3/4 of a pump of moisturizer, and at night I'll use 3 drops of jojoba oil with it. I end up having to put a bit more moisturizer on my cheeks though as they're still feeling dry afterwards.

If this is all something you just have to get used to, then I'll stick it out; I heard that for a lot of people, the jojoba oil was helping with their redness, which is what I'm most interested in.

has the jojoba helped i need to kno please because i got red brown uneven skin tone from the bp .....i didnt kno that it would happen so i need to kno because the moisturizer and jojoba are my only hope left...:(