Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Med C

A Question for the tanners

I am on the regimen using 5% BP once a day and would like to get a nice tan. Would I be wasting my time at a tanning booth for a month? The BP dries my skin a little because I dont use moisturizer, so would it cause my tan to fade quickly? Thanks.

dont tan with bp on ur skin stop 2days bp be4 you go tanning i would put moisturizer on before you go tanning because ur skin gets really dry while you are in there and get sunbblock from the tanning salon they have ones that start helping you get a tan be4 you go in and it helps when you go tanning cuz you wont get burned i dont think anyway really makes a tan fade quickly i wouldent thank thats a problem but do not go into there with bp on ur skin

hey, i tan all the time, but i don't stop the regimen for it! waiting 2 days is a bit extreme....i'm fine!....just don't go in the tanning bed with BP on your face and you'll be fine too! put it on at night as usual (unless you have a burn) and it shouldn't bother you. just do not put any tanning lotions (the bronzers and such) on any parts that break out! my chest broke out really bad because that junk clogged my pores, so be careful!

i mean, seriously, we already have freaking acne, that's bad enough....but we have to be pale too??? i don't think so!

awesome, thanks for the replies. I'll just rinse the BP off my face a couple hours before i go tanning. They pretty much force you to buy some sort of lotion with your tanning package. I hope I don't break out on my face or my back from applying it.

Tanning is awesome, I like to tan a few months prior to summer, because otherwise I have a job where i'm constantly outside, and if I don't tan, i'll start to peel like crazy.

BP never effected me at all last year when I tanned, Actually I normally tanned later in the day, so applying BP in the morning, and then tanning sometime in the late afternoon, early evening was the best bet. I did apply tanning oil.. which I think was a mistake i wont' be doing the same this summer, creams are better then the oils. I also find tanning helps my back acne ALOT, it drys it up fairly fast, and any existing blemishes, are less noticable.

Cheers

are u crazy u dont use any of the bronzers? they protect ru skin first off and they moisturizer your skin i never noticed any breaking out from any tanning sun screen or tanning lotion i have used in fact it makes my skin look alot better and more even because i only burn in some places

Just some alternative suggestions posted here for those that cannot tolerate the sun or sunbeds:

Another option would be to go for sunless tanning. It is far better for your skin. The sun and sunbeds can cause damage to your skin. Also sun is the major cause of premature aging of the skin. sad.gif

If you are interested in sunless tanning, you may want to check out Sunless.com. It's an excellent site!

They have people rate the products and they will tell you which ones won't turn you orange for your skin type. I used to hate sunless tanning products until I found this site! Not all sunless tanners are for all skin tones. (Just like one shade of makeup foundation will not work for everyone.) It also gives you tips on how to apply the products so they are not streaked. It can also tell you how to apply it sucessfully to your back.

Or perhaps you could try mystic tan if its avaiable in your area. Mystictan.com

I unfortunatley cannot lay in a tanning bed. My experiences left me with sunburns. I have a very fair complexion. But hey if you can tolerate the sun thats cool too. Just be careful not to burn your skin. smile.gif

MED C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T put the bronzer on your face!! not only will you break out, but that lotion is way too harsh and you'll burn and peel for weeks! it's not meant for your sensitive face!! pleeeeease don't do that to yourself! your face will still tan without the lotion because it is so sensitive, you don't need it!! biggrin.gif

I notice that I get a tan wheter I like it or not. I think its the moizturizer which acts kinda like a sunblock.