Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strachml

Massage on accutane?

Hi all,

I just started taking accutane 19 days ago -- so far, so good.

I was thinking about going to get a massage tomorrow (just a regular swedish massage). Is this okay to do while on accutane??? I haven't heard anything specific to this end, but I know there's a laundry list of things you shouldn't do while on this med, so I thought I'd ask all the experts here before I do something potentially bad. ;)

Thanks in advance!

<3 Maria

You're so early in it shouldn't be a problem. I got one during my 3rd month I think it was. Felt freaking fantastic! The next day I was one sore, whiney, and immobile puppy. Hehe. Do it now before your body gets too sensitive.

You're so early in it shouldn't be a problem. I got one during my 3rd month I think it was. Felt freaking fantastic! The next day I was one sore, whiney, and immobile puppy. Hehe. Do it now before your body gets too sensitive.

Awesome! I made my appointment for today. Thanks so much for the feedback!!! :)

so p.s. talking to the massuse (sp?) during my massage she mentioned my skin was a little dry so I told her I just started accutane (I did answer affirmatively to the question on the pretreatment form that asked specifically if I had been on accutane or other type drugs in the past 6 months). So the lady answered "really? What's that?" *head desk* You'd think people in the beauty industry would at least know what it is!!! I guess the question on the form applies more to people getting facials, etc. but still...

That's a bit disturbing. Yea! I definitely would've thought she'd know what it was since her place of employment asks about it specifically. Jeez. It's a good thing you were able to educate her since her boss didn't.

I hope you enjoyed your massage. :D

i've gotten like 4 massages throughout my course so far and never had any problems..

I was a little sore for a few hours afterwards, but today I'm fine! :)

What dosage are/were you on when you got them?

Hi all,

I just started taking accutane 19 days ago -- so far, so good.

I was thinking about going to get a massage tomorrow (just a regular swedish massage). Is this okay to do while on accutane??? I haven't heard anything specific to this end, but I know there's a laundry list of things you shouldn't do while on this med, so I thought I'd ask all the experts here before I do something potentially bad. ;)

Thanks in advance!

<3 Maria

NO, don't think the massage would be anything but good. Just don't let them crack your joints. accutane is supposed to have a slight chance of bone or joint side effects on the first round.

This is what i have understood. I am not a doctor nor do I intend to give advice, but I will tell what I have heard or read. Really, call your doctor if you have any concerns. Stay away from any vitamin- A completely and stay away from drinking alcohol. Be very good to your body, and especially your liver. I was on the verge of a third round; ha ha , after twenty years since my second round with accutane. i was told to stay away from any vitamin or herb supplements....

so p.s. talking to the massuse (sp?) during my massage she mentioned my skin was a little dry so I told her I just started accutane (I did answer affirmatively to the question on the pretreatment form that asked specifically if I had been on accutane or other type drugs in the past 6 months). So the lady answered "really? What's that?" *head desk* You'd think people in the beauty industry would at least know what it is!!! I guess the question on the form applies more to people getting facials, etc. but still...

Yeah, so annoying: people in the beauty industry seldom know anything about what real skin problems involve, or what is used to treat them, or how useless their products and works are against real acne problems.