Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zits5036

Big, nasty cysts that take months to go away...

does anyone have a suggestion to dry up the big cysts that lie underneath the skin and never seem to dry up until months and months later? i've been reading a lot of posts and wonder if pantothenic acid (B5) and zinc, both in mega doses helps? i think B5 was helping overall when i was taking about 20,000 mg per day? now i take about 10,000 mg per day. also, what can help with scarring? i swear even if i don't pick at pimple, when it does start drying up, it turns dark!!!

Zinc is supposed to help with the inflammation of acne, especially cysts. Scarring is difficult to get rid of. The good thing about not picking the pimple is that it'll just turn dark. If you pick at it, it'll turn dark AND you'll have deep scars later on. You can go see a dermatologist and do some kind of peeling. There are also products that help lighten scars.

thanks for the suggestions and yes, i know what you mean about the day when make up can be thrown out! i have bought numerous tubes, bottles, etc trying to match up my complexion, hiding acne marks and scars all the while trying to use non comedogenic, non acneogenic, water based, etc, etc, etc....

go to a derm a get it injected with a cortisone injection it will be gone it 4 days.what ever you do dont pick it trust me.

I've never had one that takes months. Hm. But yes, as said above, the best thing you can do is wash your face and leave it alone

Try the Peppermint and Rosemary oil treatment. my husband had a cyst on his back for over a year- and then when he used this meathod it went down in about two weeks (see the post from Maurawar -- cystic pimple remedy) good luck.