Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmk621

question for the ladies

Warning- this question is really dumb, but I need to confirm b/c I am scared of getting cut off!!

When I go to get my bloodwork and they test for pregnancy can I be on active birth control pills.. or will this somehow screw up the test? I want to skip my period this month and just start a new pack when this one runs out. It doesn't seem like it would screw up the test, but last time I took the test while on my period... and I thought I heard somewhere that u had to be on yoru period for the pregnancy test.

Is this true? Has anyone taken the preg test while on the active BCP pills/while not on their period? Thanks!! I feel way too stupid to call and ask the doctor! lol

Warning- this question is really dumb, but I need to confirm b/c I am scared of getting cut off!!

When I go to get my bloodwork and they test for pregnancy can I be on active birth control pills.. or will this somehow screw up the test? I want to skip my period this month and just start a new pack when this one runs out. It doesn't seem like it would screw up the test, but last time I took the test while on my period... and I thought I heard somewhere that u had to be on yoru period for the pregnancy test.

Is this true? Has anyone taken the preg test while on the active BCP pills/while not on their period? Thanks!! I feel way too stupid to call and ask the doctor! lol

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but my period never aligns correctly with my birth control pills. I start my period during the last two days of my "placebo" week and it continues while I am on active pills. This never seemed to interfere with my blood tests when I was on accutane. Also even more recently I have been on my period during a pregnancy test (my doctor does a test every checkup no matter what I am there for I have no idea why) and it didn't seem to matter.

Again, I am by no means an expert, but in my personal experience it didn't matter. However, hopefully someone here has a little more insight on this matter. :)

You'll be fine. They're just testing to see if you're pregnant. You're supposed to be within a certain number of days from you period but whatever, they're not going to know if you're actually on your period or not.

I've taken home pregnancy tests before while on BC and not on my period, I don't think it messed anything up. And at the hospital getting blood work done on a few occasions they have done pregnancy tests and I have been on BC without being on my period, it didn't mess anything up at all.

Oh, it always came back negative (Yay! lol)

It doesnt matter, as they are testing for a hormone (HCG, it may be called something different in the states, i work in the labs).

If anything is worrying you, ask, its not a stupid question if its worrying you

:D

my derm told me i had to be 2 days into my period when i take my 2nd test, even though there was more then 30 days between each tests.. i called and made my appt. for the 2nd day of my placebo pills, totally forgot i wouldnt get my period for another 2 days after that. so i went ahead and just took the test and they didnt say anything. so i wonder if maybe they want you on your period to be positive your not pregnant, since home tests (which is what they used for me at leats- blood work first time, home test 2nd) can sometimes be wrong

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yeah, its sort of confusing, I know for pregnancy they just test for the presence of the hormone... but I read in the ipledge booklet you had to be within 5 days of the start of your period (or something like that) before you take the second pregnancy test. This is my third one though. It happens to be scheduled for a day where I would have my period (if I didnt skip it) and I didn't know if that was a coincidence or what.

I hate this ipledge crap. I already had to wait an extra month to get this stuff in the first place b/c I was incorrectly entered in the system. Grrrr