Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NotMarkk

Thinking about buying acne.org products for Dans regimen

I have mild acne and im not sure £50 for 4 months worth of stuff is worth it, it would be great if it was permanent, but £150 a year is putting me off.

I also have a lot of black heads on my nose, will Dans regimen with acne.org products help to get rid of them?

-If it does it might push me to buy it as im very close to buying it.

-Would i be able to make the 16oz bottles last 7 months if i just applied less?

I looked at a bunch of stuff to buy in the UK, but it doesnt seem very good and the BP is expensive.

any reccomendations?

This is tricky for me since you do not live in the US, but I know they recommend Basis soap on the regimen. This is a large bar of soap that I just got for $2 in Walmart yesterday and each bar lasts for months and months. I also just bought jojoba oil because I was near a health food store on Friday, and I believe this will improve the moisturizing ability of any moisturizer you select, so long as it goes on the skin smoothly and doesn't clog pores.

Basically what I'm getting at is you should only have to spring for the BP gel which then shouldn't cost much. You'd be buying soap and lotion for your skin anyway, right?!?! With the pound being so strong compared to the dollar, you could probably have an 8 oz bottle of bp gel shipped for £15, so at this point your cost should be down by at least half, if not more. Dude, for something that actually works, I'd say that's putting you this side of affordable.

Please check out the International forum, if they don't carry Basis soap in your area, those guys may be able to recommend something.

PS: in answer to some of your other questions, the regimen should help with black heads, and you shouldn't use less BP once your skin is used to the full amount (remember you're to start small and ramp up slowly). It's like a dose of medicine. "If I only took half my dose, would it be okay?" See, you wouldn't even ask that. The recommended dose is what it takes for the plan to be effective.

I presume you live in the UK. If so, consider the products made by the brand 'Simple'. Many people here praise them and their motto is somewhere along the lines of 'no fragrances or irritating ingredients', and they do stick to it. For a cleanser and moisturizer by Simple, try their 'Refreshing Wash Gel' and 'Light Moisturizer', you can find them at Asda/Tesco/Sainsbury's/Boots/Superdrug and more.

If you do go down the Simple route, that's your cleanser and moisturizer sorted, now you only need to purchase the BP from acne.org.

thanks guys, i just bought those 2 simple products... moist+cleans and Quinoderm Cream as a treatment (5% BP in it)

t's like a dose of medicine. "If I only took half my dose, would it be okay?" See, you wouldn't even ask that. The recommended dose is what it takes for the plan to be effective.