Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalalaraine

Has your acne made you cry?

Nah, I've never cried, but that doesn't mean I don't get emotional at times. Just last night, for example, I am showing the signs of "purging" (1 week after starting Dan's regieme) and I couldn't help but get incredibly frustrated.

So, it's more "Ugh, just go away already..." than anything else. :confused:

Well, I try not to cry because I have 2 little ones and I would go hysterical really because when one bad thing hits me, I tend to think of all bad things. Plus, I still have baby blues, and a hormonal imbalance, too - I don't wanna go over the edge.

Hard to understand how some have said they don't cry. People need to cry because it helps us return to a calm state, and it can momentarily relieve us of our anxiety. Suppressing those feelings will only cause further damage.

All the time! I'm pregnant at the moment and my chin has broken out far worse than usual with pussy disgusting cysts... plus there's still the scar and some other acne random all over my face. It is Sat night and I've spent the whole afternoon crying to my husband because I'm too embarrassed to leave the house... he has gone out with friends without me, I have to be strong but it is just so damn hard. My skin was clear whilst on Yasmin BCP but if I wanted to get pregnant, that had to go.... the baby is due in October and I don't know if I can wait that long.

I have broken down and cried thinking about my acne and all the problems it causes me. I have also had panic attacks thinking about it. Every morning when I am looking in the mirror doing my makeup I start to cry a little because I can't stand to look at my face and think about the fact that almost everyone else my age (I'm almost 21) has clear skin and it is painful to see that they all have such clear skin without even trying whereas I spend hours trying to make my skin clear and I look disgusting. You're not alone. I've found that it helps to remember the people who care about you despite your acne instead of focusing on the people who might judge you for it and to remember that you are your own biggest critic and others might not be judging you as much as you think they are. I have also used meditation, listening to my favorite music, and visualization (closing your eyes and imagining you are at the beach or somewhere else that relaxes you, imagining that all of the toxins and negative energy in your body are pouring out of you through your pores). Also remember that your acne does not define you and think about your good qualities. When I think of how other people do not suffer from acne like I do, I remind myself that other people also do not have some of the POSITIVE qualities that I do, either. No one has it all. No one is perfect.

Well, I GUESS I should be emberassed to admit that, but heck yes, I have cried LOTS of times over my skin. Then I end up feeling guilty for being so upset over it. The thing is, it causes a lot of emotional distress and really eff's up your self esteem. I mean, I had clear skin (after taking accutane) and I actually got to enjoy some of the normalcies that had been taken away with having acne. For example, wearing sunglasses (I worry that the sweat from where the nosepiece touches will break me out), exercising (I mean, sweat is NOT acnes BFF), sleeping and not trying to keep my face off my pillow (dirt and oils on pillowcase), going out without loads of spackle (i.e. makeup), touching my face, let alone, scratchin an itch (dirt from hands), hmmmm......... what else. I could go on. As you can see, acne has turned me into a pyscho. Not fun.

And here I am again, facing the same crap. I get to anticipate the joys of spending thousands of dollars (in debt mind you) on acne treatments that never work, while damaging my skin more and more. Even though I was clear the past few years, I was always too scared to put lotion on my face, for fear of breaking out.

So, so, so frustrating. Joys of womanhood, right. I am 27, is this EVER going to end????

Yes, I have in the past and still do occasionally. I try to be generally brave about it, though. I know that I am quite attractive, and the only thing really that is detrimental to that fact is my skin condition...well, that's not so big of a deal right? I mean, I try to get rid of it of course, but it's not my fault that I have it either, so I don't even want people in my life that would actually care about something so petty.

So I just think of who I am as a person and the people I have around me whenever I feel like breaking down again. Sometimes it helps.

Guest MarifreakinA

Don't think I've never cried over it, I've wanted to hide in my room until it all went away, I also wished I could remove my face and get a new one. Acne is extremely frustrating, but a small part of me knew it would get better. To this day it's still pretty frustrating because I never know if it'll all come back again, and it scares the shit out of me.

It's all right to cry over it, because it crushes self-esteem by so much, it's just a tough thing to have to go through.