Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Once I'm immune?

Hi, I've been on Minocycline and then Tetracycline for about 2 1/2 months. It's working pretty well, I don't break out my cheeks anymore and thanks to combining it with Dan's regimen, not on my forehead either. Since I began applying BP to my forehead for 2 solid weeks it stopped the ones still coming up there drastically. My chin is the only problem area left, probably because I haven't been treating it with BP.

My question is, once I become immune to Tetra (if I actually do) what can I expect? Will my acne come back worse than it was before?

i dont think so, i have been on tetra for 3 and a half months now, and my skin is great right now. i too have been using it in comination with Bp.

i think that even if you become imune to the tetra, you should still use it and the Bp, the Bp will keep you clear, and if you get a small break out the tetra's anti-inflamitories will help it clear faster.

Well the fing is, yous r gunna use it for more then 3 months. im talking bout 1 yr?? 2 yrs? n i fink yous will eventually become immune to it. But hopefully not biggrin.gif

I used tetra on and off for years

You will become immune to it eventually and when I did I got cysts again... and some spots - but no where near the amount I got when I stopped taking it - that was the worst my acne has ever been...

Antibiotics do work - but they arent a cure unfortunately

When your skin builds up a resistance your acne may return. It can appear worse but this is mainly due to the fact that it has been controller for a period of time and in essence it is probably the same as prior to the medication. Cycling or rotating onto another antibiotic would be the normal course to try in this event. You may find however that certain antibiotics give better results than others.