Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luverboo

How long does it take for accutane leave my system completly?

:shifty: Ok so i went to this site and here is wat it said,

"Accutane is a naturally occurring derivative of vitamin A and is detectable in the bloodstream of all people. Vitamin A in large doses has the same effects as Accutane, both good and bad, but quickly becomes harmful since it builds up in the tissue. (Important: Don't take any vitamin A while on Accutane). Accutane is formed naturally in the body from the Vitamin A present in the bloodstream. This is why large amounts of Vitamin A taken during pregnancy cause the same birth defects that Accutane does. Fortunately, because it is a naturally occurring product, the body is able to quickly remove Accutane from the bloodstream. It is gone from the blood within nine days and has no lasting effect on future pregnancies."

i would like some opinions about this because everytime i ask or search people say different things so it's very confusing, anyways

Thanks =]

here's the link to the website i found the information from:click here

I actually was on a very high dosage of Vitamin A (prescribed and monitored by my derm) before taking accutane. I was taking about 150,000 - 175,000 IU's of vitamin A a day for about 3 months. The high dosage of vitamin A did NOTHING for my skin. Accutane did.

At my last derm visit my derm's RN told me that once I finished my last pill of accutane the medicine would stay in my system at the same strength of my prescribed dosage (120mgs) for seven days. After those seven days the drug would start to tapper off and continue to work for up to two months after completing the last pill. I took my last pill a little over a week ago.