Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 16 now and I've had moderate acne for the past couple of years now. It's mostly just red spots and whiteheads around my mouth and chin and a little on my cheeks.

At first I used creams like clearasil, clean n clear, physohex etc but they all hardly did anything, some may have made it better but overall my problems persisted.

My mum reccomended me Nutrimetics and I've been using that for the past 2 months and it has helped a little but still not as much as I would have liked.

I went on a trip to Europe last month (I'm in Australia) and it was amazing. 80% of my pimples cleared up, although i had the occasional one here and there and my skin was a little dry and flaky but otherwise it looked great. As soon as I got back to Australia though, they all came back.

I'm thinking that maybe it's just the climate down here that is causing them but if it is then do I have any chance of getting rid of them. A pharmacist recommended me ProActiv as he says it helped him but I'm a little skeptical because of the things I have heard about it.

Also something that may be related is that since puberty started I have been having these strange hot flushes that make me really sweaty and itchy all over my head and face. I usually get it when it is really hot or when I am stressed or nervous. Overseas, I had none of these and my face cleared up beautifully.

Another thing, acne has been in my family for many generations so maybe I'm just stuck with it till puberty's over.

I'm desperate and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?

have you tried dan's regimen?

Well I've read some articles that say that BP can be very dangerous to your health and can even give you cancer, so I'm reluctant to use that. Is it safe and can it help me?

dan's regimen is working for me and it looks like it works for a lot of people. Just make sure you watch the videos and read as much of the acne.org as you can then try it out.

There is BP in ProActiv. I don't suggest doing that, it made my acne worse and I used it for about 5 months. A lot of people have had success with dan's regimen. Dan's regimen is cheaper too.

I don't think BP is going to give you cancer. If there was a lot of evidence on that I don't think it would be in so many skincare products.

Have you seen a dermotologist and talked about your acne problems? Unless you don't think that it is severe enough to see one, although they can help with mild cases too :)

I decided to take the advice of my pharmacist and get the ProActiv pack, but now that I get home I am just starting to read a lot of reviews on it that are pretty bad. I read that it works at first but after a little while it starts to stop working and if you stop, it comes back much worse.

Did I make a big mistake in buying it or do I have a chance of it working? Mostly females are the ones who write the bad reviews so I might have a chance.

Ok, I've done a little thinking and some research and I just find it fantastic that the Acne.org products have over a thousand reviews all positive, with only some negative reviews from people with sensitive skin.

I will return ProActiv tomorrow and order Dan's Regimen, does everyone recommend that?

ya i know how it is i've had acne for 6 years and im only 15.....the first thing i tried was clearasil....hated it!!!!! no scratch that the first thing i tried was old antibiotics....i dont recomend useing any creams.....proactiv...tried it....hated it......i havent tried dans thing yet.....

Try sea salt. Where in australia are you? I'm just outside Brisbane

You only use sea salt to wash your face?

I used procative for 8 years and it worked --then it just stopped. I would recommend Dan's routine. It is cheaper and you will probably have less issues dealing with service etc... It took me two months for them to stop sending me the products and over a month to be credited back my $.

Ok, I've done a little thinking and some research and I just find it fantastic that the Acne.org products have over a thousand reviews all positive, with only some negative reviews from people with sensitive skin.

I will return ProActiv tomorrow and order Dan's Regimen, does everyone recommend that?

Definitely recommend doing that. I used Proactiv for a while. Way too harsh for my skin. It got to the point where I couldn't even smile without my face feeling like it was cracking. Dan's products on the other hand, worked much better for me. I had what one might describe as a 'miracle' clearing in the first week. You have to be careful though. BP can really dry out your face and cause flakiness, redness, etc. Make sure you browse around this site thoroughly and completely before you begin applying the products. Technique is just as important as what you're using with this Regimen. And I can't stress enough how important it will be for you to start out with a very small amount of BP, and very slowly work your way up. And it's just as important to moisturize afterwards, whether you have naturally oily, dry or normal skin. Best of luck!

Yes, I would recommend Dan's products instead of ProActive any day. Exactly what European country/countries did you go to?

I went to Hungary for 4 weeks and spent a couple of weeks touring. My face really cleared up in Hungary.

Try sea salt. Where in australia are you? I'm just outside Brisbane

I'm in Brisbane, in Logan.

Definitely recommend doing that. I used Proactiv for a while. Way too harsh for my skin. It got to the point where I couldn't even smile without my face feeling like it was cracking. Dan's products on the other hand, worked much better for me. I had what one might describe as a 'miracle' clearing in the first week. You have to be careful though. BP can really dry out your face and cause flakiness, redness, etc. Make sure you browse around this site thoroughly and completely before you begin applying the products. Technique is just as important as what you're using with this Regimen. And I can't stress enough how important it will be for you to start out with a very small amount of BP, and very slowly work your way up. And it's just as important to moisturize afterwards, whether you have naturally oily, dry or normal skin. Best of luck!

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to be careful.

I don't understand one thing though. Many people complain about a product that works but dries out their skin, however, I would love to have my pimples gone and be replaced with a mildly annoying flakiness and cracking. It would be a great trade. You can't always get everything you want.

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to be careful.

I don't understand one thing though. Many people complain about a product that works but dries out their skin, however, I would love to have my pimples gone and be replaced with a mildly annoying flakiness and cracking. It would be a great trade. You can't always get everything you want.

Well, I would describe it to be more than "mildly annoying". In general, when people start too quickly and they develop excessive dryness and flakiness, they have no problem with it...but, as time goes on and their faces become clear, it's like they have a whole new skin problem to deal with and so many times I've seen people say they would've rather of had some acne spots as opposed to dealing with the dryness and tons of flakes they've developed on their skin. To the point where they wanted to stop the Regimen or move on to something else, regardless of their results. Trust me, I've seen this so many times and I've been through it too. I recently stopped the Regimen after being on it last October because of this. Just started it again today however, keeping the mistakes I made in mind.

Thanks for the help so far guys (and girls). My acne.org kit just arrived today and I'm eager to start but before I do I want to make sure I do everything exactly right. Should I just follow the regimen step-by-step or is there more to it?

Well I've been using the acne.org kit for about a week now and I'm happy to say that it's worked! 80% of my acne is gone and I'm sure the rest will go away with time.

Although I'm now starting to struggle with the dryness problem. Is it temporary or will it last as long as I keep using the acne.org kit?