Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, i would really appreciate anything you know about this pill / if youve taken it what was your experience?

some background about me:

i started taking 100mg of spironolactone in the beginning of august. by mid-september i was 90% clear and SOO happy for the first time in 5 years or so. (but the spironolactone made my periods come every two weeks and so my doctor prescribed me yasmin along with it).

I went on yasmin in october and broke out in the WORSTT cystic acne i have everrr had or seen on anyone else.. i stuck it out for two packs and then had to go off of it. Needless to say, it ruined all the progress that spironolactone was making for my face and it took me 3 months being off of yasmin to get semi-back to the skin i had in september.

However my periods are still every two weeks, and so my gynacologist prescribed me Femcon Fe (the new version of Ovcon-35).

i am extremely nervousss to start Femcon because i dont want the same thing to happen as did with yasmin. if anyone else has been on this pill, did it help your acne or make you breakout????

I absolutely love Femcon. Best pill I've been on, and I've been on BCP for about 17 years now... ugh! I've been on Ortho Novum, Ortho Cyclen, Desogen, back to Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tricyclen and now Femcon. Been on Femcon now for about a year and a half.

No real difference in acne than any other pill I've been on. I suffer from mostly non-inflamed acne with the occasional pustule. However I get absolutely no side effects and my period is literally non-existent. I may get a day or two of spotting as my period and that's it. On Ortho tricyclen it was moderate and lasted a good 5 - 6 days. No breast tenderness, moodiness, depression or bloating.

I say give it a try and see if you like it.

You can also get some feedback by going to www.medications.com.

Guest MarifreakinA

I love my experience on Femcon, there really aren't any reviews on it except for the bad ones I looked up before I started taking it. I was on Loestrin24 which made me break out around my chin, I didn't like this pill because along with the acne my sex drive decreased.

I got on Femcon after I couldn't get anymore Loestrin cause my doctor wasn't in.

I have to say I love it!

It cleared up my skin, and I only get a few pimples around my chin, but they're easy to get rid of.

I know a few girls on Femcon and they have had the same experience, their skin became a lot clearer.