Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whylookatme

Has anyone had the stem cell treatment done?

Hi guys,

Has anyone had the stem cell treatment done?

Where they take a blood sample and do something with it and then apply it on your face with needles like dermarollers?

I was looking at getting this done but I'm having trouble finding more information and successful stories.

Thanks

Guest icaretohelp
nope cant say i have lol. go to japan.

im doing in on the 6th in London:)

will let u know how it goes

Guest icaretohelp

96 harley street. dr ammar khan..yes the actual..Ill give u all a full report on the 6th

Thanks guys. I went to a doctor that provides this service.

I'll find the pamphlet and type it out for you guys.

I'm a bit reluctant since it cost $500 per treatment.

96 harley street. dr ammar khan..yes the actual..Ill give u all a full report on the 6th

What are your thoughts on B.R.D's concern that what you may be getting isn't the 'proper' stem cell treatment?

Can you address his question "how is Dr. Khan planning on extracting, isolating and culturing your stem cells on the same day?"

Thanks guys. I went to a doctor that provides this service.

I'll find the pamphlet and type it out for you guys.

I'm a bit reluctant since it cost $500 per treatment.

Why not just scan it?

$500 sounds awfully cheap for the type of stem cell therapy that's being provided in Japan, Russia, Korea, Taiwan, China, etc.

I have a feeling that you're not looking at the same thing because everywhere else it costs thousands of dollars.

I know it seems cheap but that's quite a lot where I'm from, so I guess it's relative hey.. plus it's $500 per session. :)

Okay here is the Pamphlet info.

Autologous PRP Stem Cell

What is PRP?

PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma

It is the latest approach to Facial Rejuvenation and Anti-Aging

Using Autologous Cell Regeneration (ACR)

How does it work?

Medical practitioner will obtain Platelet rich plasma from patients own blood through centrifugation with the use of RegenBCT kit. Concentrated platelet is delivered through nappage or intradermal injections depending on patients need. Skin cells are regenerated by delivery of autologous growth factors that is derived from patient's plasma. These growth factors are responsible for the bio stimulation of patient's stem cells. During this process there will be differentiation of new cells. Stimulation of good collagen (Collagen 2 and 3) is being produced. Wrinkle and volumetric correction is achieved produced. Wrinkle and volumetric correction is achieved through 3- Dimensional reconstruction and reorganization.

What are the indications for PRP?

PRP procedure can be used for anti-aging to achieve younger looking skin. It can be also used as a filler or volume enchancement to reduced fine lines, wrinkles, crows feet and for the improvement of texture and structure of the skin, other conditions such as diabetic ulcers, burns, post surgical scars & would healing are also indications for the use of PRP.

What are the areas that can be performed with PRP?

It can be done in all areas of the body such as face, neck, decollete, hands, legs, thighs, buttocks and abdomen for both cosmetic and medical procedure.

How many treatments are required?

Human cell is regenerated based on individual conditions. A series of at least 3 sessions is required for more youthful looking appearance (anti - aging) interval may vary on the patient's skin condition. Volume corrections may achieve after 1 session. A touch up after 3 months is required to stimulate more growth factors and a follow up treatment after 12 months may be necessary to achieve longer and lasting result.

What are the advantages of PRP Autologous Stem Cell over other facial procedures?

This technique uses a natural process of anti-aging. Since patient's own blood is being used for the treatment, there are no side-effects and no risk of having allergic reactions. PRP also offers natural restoration of the 3-D facial configuration and stimulation of collagen 2 and 3 which are considered as the body's healthy collagen, Unlike other procedures or technique. PRP is chemical - free and non toxic to the body which makes the whole process 100% safe.

---

What do you guys think?

whylookatme, where are you having this done?

PRP is offered for $500 becuase it is not the same thing as autologous adipose derived mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) injections.

Do they offer MSC injections, too? If so, how much is it?

Here is info on PRP: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Autologou...98#entry2338598

Here is info on MSC: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Stem-Cell...20#entry2503820

Now i know why it's only $500. Because it isn't the same thing as getting MSC injections, as Franklins Tower pointed out.

PRP is very different from MSC. I have not found MSC treatment anywhere yet. Might try PRP if our review of it is very positive.

Yes, anyone, somebody let us all know if you've been treated with mesenchymal stem cell injections. Let's all work together to make this treatment a reality someday, sooner than expected rather than later. Best of Luck to all

coconut scar

if this is truely stem cells being injected, DO NOT DO IT. I don't have time to explain tonight why, but in a nut shell, if the cells are taken from you, and not an embryo, then the cells taken from you can grow into teath, organs, hair, in your skin! imagine skin starting to grow in your skin.

the science behind it is complex, but i can explain next week when i have time.

i doubt they take stem cells, if its just blood being injected, then thats no problem.!

Guest icaretohelp

im pretty sure BRD or Dr Khan would know this....and i have been messaged a few drs in europe ..never mentioned anything like that..

where is BRD? :S

im pretty sure BRD or Dr Khan would know this....and i have been messaged a few drs in europe ..never mentioned anything like that..

when is the next time your seeing dr khan ? maby you could phone him up and ask him what he thinks about stem cells growing into differnt things

Are you saything that there are other docs who use stem cells that you know of?

if this is truely stem cells being injected, DO NOT DO IT. I don't have time to explain tonight why, but in a nut shell, if the cells are taken from you, and not an embryo, then the cells taken from you can grow into teath, organs, hair, in your skin! imagine skin starting to grow in your skin.

i doubt they take stem cells, if its just blood being injected, then thats no problem.!

Yes, there are doctors who use stem cells for cosmetic treatment. I am highly doubtful of your claim. I mean, it's not like they are just using it for acne scars. It has many applications. I'd like to hear what BRD has to say about this.

i JUST FINISHED 3 MONTHS OF BLUE LIGHT AND MATRIX WITH MINIMAL RESULT, MY DERM IS PULLING OUT THE BIG GUNS AND SAYS IM GONNA GET INJECTED WITH STEM CELLS, 3 TREATMENTS PLUS NEEDLE ROLLERS, IM IN CALIFORNIA AND MY DOCTOR IS KOREAN

Actually, this misconception was addressed by BDR one of his posts. The stem cells will not differentiate into teeth, organs, etc. in your skin. Check his posts carefully. You will find it if you take the time to look.

C.

i JUST FINISHED 3 MONTHS OF BLUE LIGHT AND MATRIX WITH MINIMAL RESULT, MY DERM IS PULLING OUT THE BIG GUNS AND SAYS IM GONNA GET INJECTED WITH STEM CELLS, 3 TREATMENTS PLUS NEEDLE ROLLERS, IM IN CALIFORNIA AND MY DOCTOR IS KOREAN

Well, that's very interesting. I'm sure it'd be appreciated if you shared how things turned out. :)