Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest missyjean130

St. Eden Spa

Guest missyjean130

I went to the dollar store,because I'm poor, and I found this acne cleanser by St.Eden Spa. It has tea tree oil and is a foaming cleanser...

But I outta ask you guys before I stock up on this stuff! I couldnt find a list of ingredients anywhere on the internets...So I'm hoping one of you knows something!

Guest missyjean130

Okay so I bought a bottle of this stuff. St Eden's Spa Al About Saving Face Clear skin foaming cleanser...it's pretty mild after I used it once. Doesn't irritate.I'm still concerned about the ingredients however...so if anyone can take a look and tell me if they're any acne causing stuff in this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Water,Cetyl-Stearyl alcohol,glycerin monostearete,paraffin oil,Cetyl trimethyl ammonium chloride,dubutyl hydroxy toluene,ethylene diamine,tetracetic acid,glycerin,ethyl-p-hydroxybenzoate,butyl-p-hydroxybenzoate,aloe vera gel,vitamin e,tea tree oil,fragrance.

the second, fourth, fifth and sixth are comedogenic. Couldn't pay me to use it.

Guest missyjean130
the second, fourth, fifth and sixth are comedogenic. Couldn't pay me to use it.

WOW!!!! Shit,I'm throwing this away and buying my Aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser again.

Thanks a lot! I can't belief an acne cleanser has pore clogging crud in it....

Guest missyjean130

*bows down to ayla*

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, PPG 2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids (Essential Amino Complex), Sarcosine (Essential Amino Complex), Potassium Aspartate (Essential Amino Complex), Magnesium Aspartate (Essential Amino Complex), Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

Anything terrible in this?

Guest missyjean130

oh yeah!?!?!?

How about THIS:

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%)

Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

Ka pow!

oh yeah!?!?!?

How about THIS:

Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

Ka pow!

I bolded the comedogenic ingredients- I personally wouldn't use this one, but I'm very sensitive to fatty alcohols (the cetearyl and arachidyl). Most people would probably do all right with this.

A good drugstore lotion I like is Olay's Regenerist Night: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=13554

It has niacinamide which is good for killing bacteria, rejuvenating skin cells, and lightening/brightening skin tone. It also has lavender, arnica and green tea -all good for skin integrity + plus a bunch of other wrinkle reducing peptides and amino acid skin foods.

Guest missyjean130
oh yeah!?!?!?

How about THIS:

Ka pow!

I bolded the comedogenic ingredients- I personally wouldn't use this one, but I'm very sensitive to fatty alcohols (the cetearyl and arachidyl). Most people would probably do all right with this.

A good drugstore lotion I like is Olay's Regenerist Night: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...amp;catid=13554

It has niacinamide which is good for killing bacteria, rejuvenating skin cells, and lightening/brightening skin tone. It also has lavender, arnica and green tea -all good for skin integrity + plus a bunch of other wrinkle reducing peptides and amino acid skin foods.

so the lotion I listed MIGHT break me out,but it's not a for sure thing?

Is the regenerist good for dry to moderate oliness? My skins still not that oily since i got off tane

My regimen so far is aveeno cleanser

50/50 dilution of ACV toner

and now im working on lotion

Nothing is a SURE thing. Everyones skin is different.

I use a moisturizer (cerave) right now that has Ceteareth 20 + Cetearyl Alcohol which rates higher than cetearyl alcohol alone coming in at a 4 on the pore clogging chart. However it doesnt clog my pores at all. Actually theres nothing but positive reviews about it on this site and also drugstore.

But now if Ayla tried it, it might break her out. Everyones skin is different, what breaks out one person may not break out another. The best advice I can give is to try stuff and either pass it or fail it.

oh yeah!?!?!?

How about THIS:

Ka pow!

so the lotion I listed MIGHT break me out,but it's not a for sure thing?

Is the regenerist good for dry to moderate oliness? My skins still not that oily since i got off tane

My regimen so far is aveeno cleanser

50/50 dilution of ACV toner

and now im working on lotion

My skin's never really been oily, except in the dead sweat of a southern Alabama summer - but whose ain't? :dry:

Anyway, yeah, that lotion has done nothing but improve my dry to normal but occasionally flakey skin - it acts as a primer too because it has quite a few silicones. I forgot to tell you last night, I saw it on sale at target yesterday - and the olay sight has a coupon:

$5 off: https://pgpromotions.archway.com/olaymicro/

Sale + coupon brings it down to $12. That's my only gripe about it - it's expensive. There are some generics, but they aren't as good.

Personally, I have found the majority of cleansers break me out. Even Dan's cleanser. So I stopped using cleansers and use plain yogurt or sour cream and a face sponge to wash my face. It's not drying and removes my make-up. My skin cleared up so much and it's so inexpensive. I'd rather spend the money on a good moisturizer and treatment lotion. Anyway, there are lots of natural methods of cleansing that are inexpensive and don't have a long list potential acne causing ingredients.

Guest missyjean130

Hm, well I do want to try the Olay since I know it won't break me out. Say Ayla,where do you find out which ingredients are bad?I'm quite impressed with how much you know!You should sticky some of this information.

http://zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

and

http://www.beautymagonline.com/pages/comed...f_cosmetic_.htm

They aren't stickied because they link to other products selling things. We once had our own reference in the works, but the file was corrupted. I'm thinking about asking a guy at my work to create a program that would allow you to simply copy and paste the ingredients of a product in question into an application, hit enter, and then it would auto-hi-lite any offending ingredients in varying colors of concern. I.e., yellow for 2's. orange for 3's, red for 4's and 5's.

If anyone who reads this knows how to create such a program, by all means...

Guest missyjean130

The aveeno foaming cleanser is the best I've ever used. I use to use it for a long time...but I was just trying to find a cheaper cleanser.I'll go back to it if I have to though =)

Now Ayla,all you have to do is name a mineral based liquid sunscreen for my face that moisturizes and that I can buy at my local drugstore...then you have just answered all my questions! lol...

The aveeno foaming cleanser is the best I've ever used. I use to use it for a long time...but I was just trying to find a cheaper cleanser.I'll go back to it if I have to though =)

Now Ayla,all you have to do is name a mineral based liquid sunscreen for my face that moisturizes and that I can buy at my local drugstore...then you have just answered all my questions! lol...

lol, the pressure!

Sadly though, I can't. I haven't found a single one I would recommend. My best advice is to mix a mineral makeup you tolerate with your lotion.

I actually have the task of creating a sunscreen balm/tint for my mom by Feb. 24th when she goes on vacation. It's a challenge... Her type is sort of easier than ours though. She no longer needs to worry abut comedogenicty, but she has MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) - so preservatives and emulsifiers (what binds water and oil) are out the question.

The plan is make an unpetroleum jelly with 8% low-micron zinc oxide - which should provide spf 15. But then... I have to tint it properly to her skin tone - which will be a real challenge.

Guest missyjean130

lol, the pressure!

Sadly though, I can't. I haven't found a single one I would recommend. My best advice is to mix a mineral makeup you tolerate with your lotion.

I actually have the task of creating a sunscreen balm/tint for my mom by Feb. 24th when she goes on vacation. It's a challenge... Her type is sort of easier than ours though. She no longer needs to worry abut comedogenicty, but she has MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) - so preservatives and emulsifiers (what binds water and oil) are out the question.

The plan is make an unpetroleum jelly with 8% low-micron zinc oxide - which should provide spf 15. But then... I have to tint it properly to her skin tone - which will be a real challenge.

damn.

Well you are indeed very handy!

Thank you so much for answering my questions-you're super helpful!

I'll just try the mixing thing you suggested then =)