Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok so i am 17 years old and never in my life have i ever had acne. ive always washed my face though and taken care of it until recently this year i just started getting these huge red bumps under my skin and they never come to a head or ever come out and there only on my chin my whole face is clear and then my chin is so disgusting. they take forever to go away and when they do go away its still red and even more come after one starts to go away i just dont know what to do this has never happened to me its so embarassing and depressing i dont want to go anywhere anymore any advice will be so much appreciated thank you! lately ive heard vitamin e works and i rub it in it has done a great job so far for past scars are fading but i still get them :cry:

Heyy I feel your pain I have the same type of nodular acne on my chin only, could be cause where girlz our hormones are out of whack, but I try to eat really good with occassional cheat dayz, I use all natural acne facial soap and right now Im doing lemon juice topically and drinking it with an olive oil moisturizer. Please do not pick it, I thought I could pop these and I was so stupid doing that I have red marks left over, yes this is frutstrating and I felt so horrible but I try to deal my best Im sure its an imbalance inside not outside. So key point savpid harsh cleansers/scrubs, eat healthy, also if I have the urge to touch I immediately ice it so redness goes down.

I know how you feel too... I am 27 and have always had great skin, even in my teenage years- until recently I started to get cysts (on my chin too) it is hard to deal with, frustrating and painful--- I agree that eating healthy really does help, and exercise too--

but check out my post (cystic pimple remedy) When I do get a cyst it really works!! and I don't have to go to the doctor to get shots anymore, and its all natural. there are vitamins you can take too-... to help balance your hormones called FemPlex. you can get it a the vitamin shoppe. let me know if this helps..

good luck

Heyy I feel your pain I have the same type of nodular acne on my chin only, could be cause where girlz our hormones are out of whack, but I try to eat really good with occassional cheat dayz, I use all natural acne facial soap and right now Im doing lemon juice topically and drinking it with an olive oil moisturizer. Please do not pick it, I thought I could pop these and I was so stupid doing that I have red marks left over, yes this is frutstrating and I felt so horrible but I try to deal my best Im sure its an imbalance inside not outside. So key point savpid harsh cleansers/scrubs, eat healthy, also if I have the urge to touch I immediately ice it so redness goes down.

thank you so much i appreciate the advice i will try icing it right now. and your completely right my mom told me i should start eating more healthy and once i started to my chin has had a lot less. thanks though i will try your advice out :]

I know how you feel too... I am 27 and have always had great skin, even in my teenage years- until recently I started to get cysts (on my chin too) it is hard to deal with, frustrating and painful--- I agree that eating healthy really does help, and exercise too--

but check out my post (cystic pimple remedy) When I do get a cyst it really works!! and I don't have to go to the doctor to get shots anymore, and its all natural. there are vitamins you can take too-... to help balance your hormones called FemPlex. you can get it a the vitamin shoppe. let me know if this helps..

good luck

i will definitely go check it out thank you so much hopefully it works well :]

Hi! I am so sorry you are dealing with cystic acne... I know how much it sucks. *hugs* I get cystic acne almost solely on my chin as well.

For me, I find that applying a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide treatment helps them, in combination with absolutely no picking, squeezing or touching. The best thing you can do is to prevent them from forming. Apply a thin layer of Benzoyl Peroxide even when your skin is clear. Clindamycin can also work well, but you'd need to see a derm to obtain it.

Also, be sure to be extremely gentle when cleansing the area. Wash only with your hands, and with a cleanser that does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. This ingredient is extremely comedogenic and irritating! Most of my cystic acne on my chin has cleared since avoiding this ingredient.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi! I am so sorry you are dealing with cystic acne... I know how much it sucks. *hugs* I get cystic acne almost solely on my chin as well.

For me, I find that applying a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide treatment helps them, in combination with absolutely no picking, squeezing or touching. The best thing you can do is to prevent them from forming. Apply a thin layer of Benzoyl Peroxide even when your skin is clear. Clindamycin can also work well, but you'd need to see a derm to obtain it.

Also, be sure to be extremely gentle when cleansing the area. Wash only with your hands, and with a cleanser that does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. This ingredient is extremely comedogenic and irritating! Most of my cystic acne on my chin has cleared since avoiding this ingredient.

Hope this helps! :)

thanks so much for the advice i appreciate it sooo much! where can i get that 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide? right now ive given up on trying face washes proactiv did not help it makes the rest of my skin a nice glow but as for my acne itself it does nothing anyways... right now im using witch hazel my mom says thats good ? im not sure though