Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrznKing

Will growing a beard give me acne while on Accutane?

Ok, so I'm starting my second course of Accutane and the past 14 months (since I finished my first course), I've been using Tazorac so growing a beard wasn't an option. Now that I'll soon be just taking medicine orally and won't worry about creams and such at night, I'm going to grow a beard. Will this be OK or will the facial hair give me acne?

I'm just wondering...when my skin gets flaky what should I do? Since I can't use a moisturizer when there's facial hair, lol.

wait why can't you grow a bread under taz?

Cause I can't apply the cream when I would have a beard. And then since I would have no medication, either topically or orally, I'd breakout...and I don't plan on having a beard for a long time, lol. But if I take something orally and no topical medication, I won't have to apply anything on my skin. :)

I get pimple if i have stubble of even one day! i think the beard may in some case irritate your skin...i know mine itches like hell!

Hey, I did two accutane treatments back-to- back within six months time space. This is back when accutane was new. Although while I was on it I had perfectly clear skin, I was dry, and had some slight soreness on my eyelids from time to time. I had to be careful of washing-- only once per day or rinse only. I don't think the beard will cause a problem. It might itch more because your skin could become more sensitive, but otherwise..... fine...

Good Wishes....