Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TruBeautyWithin

Blind Date Saturday. what will he think of my acne? too afraid to go...

ok so i've been chatting with this guy through text and myspace for about a week. we have alot in common..we mesh really well together. we have a date set for saturday but im so afraid of what he will think of my acne. mostly its marks leftover from acne..what should i do. i dont want to cancel but im still nervous. I mean he's seen my pictures but..its different..

I would have told him right off the bat that I had acne, and see how he reacts with it. If he's like "eww gross", then hes not a guy I want to be around.

I personally think you're really pretty and you shouldn't have a problem. If he reacts badly to your acne then he is just a bad guy and you shouldn't waste your time with him.

I would have told him right off the bat that I had acne, and see how he reacts with it. If he's like "eww gross", then hes not a guy I want to be around.

I agree with that 100%!!! say like, "i know this won't matter to you unless youre a loser or something, but i happen to have some marks leftover from puberty. I just wanted to let you know so that you wouldn't be surprised or anything, ok."

If you act like it's not a big deal, then he won't think it is. And since this is a blind date, he might have quite a few imperfections in person and be even more nervous than you are. If he's a little a-hole and bails on you, wear a hot outfit and go out with your friends.

I assume you are a girl, cover it up with makeup.

OR

You coul wear one of those George Bush masks.

marks left over from pubery? isn't this kinda an old way of thinking. I mean we are on an acne website arn't we? sheese im 24 and still get breakouts..

Anyways, go on your date and have a good time. If it doesn't go well, whoopdy freakin do, youv'e only known the guy for a week. Not a big loss. But you may find out hes a great guy and start something special..

Just dont flake on the dude

marks left over from pubery? isn't this kinda an old way of thinking. I mean we are on an acne website arn't we? sheese im 24 and still get breakouts..

Anyways, go on your date and have a good time. If it doesn't go well, whoopdy freakin do, youv'e only known the guy for a week. Not a big loss. But you may find out hes a great guy and start something special..

Just dont flake on the dude

Yeah haha that was a little old-lady sounding, but I couldn't think of another phrase that made it seem like not such a big deal. :cool:

In my opinion, if someone does not like me for who I am ie: the way I look for instance, then it is their loss and that individual or person is not worthy of my time or friendship, because I know that that I am a good person and that anyone would be lucky to have me as a friend for instance. I know that our face is the first thing that people see when they look at us, but personality counts too.

Edited by bollywood

my boyfriend likes me despite my acne :shrug: i couldn't believe he wanted to go out with me the way my face is. but he does. maybe this guy won't care, either.

i don't think you should be like oh by the way i have acne.

most guys wont notice it unless you point it out i read that in cosmo once lol

but in all honesty if you seem confident you shouldn't have any problems.

and if your feeling a little insecure just use some make-up. its not an awsome fix but for the night it will be.

In my opinion, if someone does not like me for who I am ie: the way I look for instance, then it is their loss and that individual or person is not worthy of my time or friendship, because I know that that I am a good person and that anyone would be lucky to have me as a friend for instance. I know that our face is the first thing that people see when they look at us, but personality counts too. Believe me, I suffered/suffer with acne for many years and what I hate about it is the scarring and pigmentation problems I have to endure. I hate it so much that I allowed it to run and ruin my life and that is the sad part of it.

I liked what you wrote there until the last couple sentences. You said it yourself that if they dont like you for who you are then screw them cause they aren't worth your time.

Bring a knife to the date. If he's a cool guy, that's awesome. If not, start stabbing :lol:

Just a joke btw. If he doesn't like the way you look in real life, he's not worth your time. Hopefully that's not the case though and the two of you hit it off really well. I hope everything goes good :D

and if your feeling a little insecure just use some make-up. its not an awsome fix but for the night it will be.

You read it in Cosmo and that makes it fact? lol.

No, guys do notice it, guys scrutinize girls looks, it's in their nature. Guys notice little things about your face that you have never even noticed yourself. It just depends on the guy if hes going to be an asshole about it or not.

its true ^^.. most guys do notice it, but most guys really don't care about a few imperfections, and some dont even care about MANY imperfections. it just wouldn't be fair to not give the guy a chance to show his true colors in my opinion.

Hopefully he will be more interested in your personality than in whether or not you have acne. Also who doesn't/hasn't had in the past some acne or a breakout? Hope your date goes well. Wear a cute outfit and enjoy yourself.

Don't worry about it... Even though it is hard to believe it, there is more in us than our acne. If you focus too much on what he will think, that is what you are going to project and you will seem unsecure... If he bothers the fact that you have acne, there are more fish in the sea girlie :)

Good luck and let us know how it went

thanks everyone. im sure everything will be fine. lol i have a cute outfit picked out and if he doesnt like me for who i am then it is his loss. i will post how it went for sure and maybe even pictures :)

From a guy's perspective, if a girl told me that she had acne before I even met her, I'd be like "OK........." Hey, I'm on this website for a reason too and I'm not going to hold it against someone for having acne. However, it's just not a great opener. He doesn't know what you look like and the idea you're giving him could be a beehive when, in fact, it's just some underlying (self-conscious more than anything) acne. I don't know the OP's case, but usually people are their own worst critic.

By the way, If your acne is noticeable, it's noticeable. The guy won't fail to see the acne because you don't mention it. However, as you can probably tell from the prior paragraph, I do agree with kaitlynanne's idea. Don't bring up the fact that you have acne.

I know this message board is about acne. However, don't focus so much on it for the date. Go out, have fun. If you hit it off, great. If not, the reason may be attributed to several different things... Acne is an enemy, but it's not the only one.

From a guy's perspective, if a girl told me that she had acne before I even met her, I'd be like "OK........." Hey, I'm on this website for a reason too and I'm not going to hold it against someone for having acne. However, it's just not a great opener. He doesn't know what you look like and the idea you're giving him could be a beehive when, in fact, it's just some underlying (self-conscious more than anything) acne. I don't know the OP's case, but usually people are their own worst critic.

By the way, If your acne is noticeable, it's noticeable. The guy won't fail to see the acne because you don't mention it. However, as you can probably tell from the prior paragraph, I do agree with kaitlynanne's idea. Don't bring up the fact that you have acne.

I know this message board is about acne. However, don't focus so much on it for the date. Go out, have fun. If you hit it off, great. If not, the reason may be attributed to several different things... Acne is an enemy, but it's not the only one.

you are completely right. theres no wayyy i was gonna mention my acne. thanks :)

Have fun TruBeauty. Don't cancel. Get to know your new friend. Don't mention anything you're uncomfortable saying, it' just a first date. Those should be having fun and enjoying each others' company.

I just have to say this because no one elese has. Be careful!! You don't really know this guy so just be a little cautious.

Good luck.

am young like age 15 lol but i have acne i always get teased about it i feel very ugly because of that and like you i got to go out places especially tommorow so its kind of depressing been crying my eyes out lol i just hope things go well for you tommorow and if he is to make judgements about you over your acne you shouldnt bother with him

am young like age 15 lol but i have acne i always get teased about it i feel very ugly because of that and like you i got to go out places especially tommorow so its kind of depressing been crying my eyes out lol i just hope things go well for you tommorow and if he is to make judgements about you over your acne you shouldnt bother with him

I feel ugly too sometimes. i was never teased though. just remember that those people teasing you have insecurities too. dont ever call yourself ugly. there is something beautiful about us all. find what u think is beautiful within yourself. forget about those haters!

I dunno what other people have said but I have had this experience.. in a way.

I was talking with a guy who is a friend, and has always been, but when I showed him pictures of me they were edited so I didnt look like I had acne because I thought we wouldnt ever meet. However, we DID meet, and he didnt have such great skin himself! He didnt say anything. He even said I was cute when we met. So honestly, dont worry about it, because even if he notices and cares (which, if you like him and connect with him, he probably wont) its not like hes gonna be pointing and laughing.

Forget about it and have fun, girl!

You read it in Cosmo and that makes it fact? lol.

No, guys do notice it, guys scrutinize girls looks, it's in their nature. Guys notice little things about your face that you have never even noticed yourself. It just depends on the guy if hes going to be an asshole about it or not.

i never said it was right.

but from what i've heard from my guy friends is that they dont notice little things.

most guys dont notice if you change your hair style or whatnot.

theirs a good chance that he wont notice anything.