Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
violet yr turning violet

possible allergic reaction to neem moisturizer?

I didn't put this in the product section because I figured the holistic people would be able to answer more of my questions on botanicals and natural oils.

So, I bought this TheraNeem Leaf and Oil cream a while ago and had only used it every once in a while until recently. About a week ago I started using it twice a day after washing my face and I think I might be having a reaction to it. I wake up every morning with about 10 red spots on my face... They're not really pimples, just slightly inflamed red areas that sometimes itch. Sometimes they have pus in them, but it's not really like a pimple that goes into your skin, it's all concentrated on the surface. Do you think this is some kind of reaction to the cream?

I've never had any sort of skin problem like this, usually I just get run-of-the-mill pimples and blackheads. Also, these redspots are appearing in places I never ever get pimples, like my jawline and even on the skin under my eye!

Here are the ingredients in it. I can't pinpoint any one thing that might be causing the irritation. Some of these ingredients I've used before and had no problem.

Ingredients:

Extract of Certified Organic Neem Leaf, Hand-Fileted Aloe Vera Gel, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil, Neem Oil, Jojoba Oil, Stearic Acid*, Shea Butter, Cetyl Alcohol*, Polysorbate 60, Vanilla Fragrance with Natural Extracts, PEG 150 Stearate*, Steareth 20, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Methyl/Propyl Parabens. *Natural Source